What's going on in Virginia?

• DC v. Heller was a good start. Now it's time for the court to finish the job and define just how much infringement our rights are to be allowed.

• DC v. Heller was a good start. Now it's time for the court to finish the job and define just how much infringement our rights are to be allowed.

should be zero, all gun laws post 1932 should be eliminated

No trees were killed in the posting of this bullshit, however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• I should be able to buy a full auto anything at Sears.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Not sure if I want the post office involved, just saying.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Well... that being the case I think that most are VERY happy with the economy. They finally can breathe a lot easier and have some confidence (consumer confidence through the roof) You don't take a chance on imaginary green jobs or imaginary training for the high dollar health care job you will lose so you can work for the government.

lazs

sonofaBITCH! Lost $4,700 on 401k today

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• Yeah... actually it is good when the left over reaches. Especially in districts where the district courts are moderate or conservative. It almost forces the supreme court to take up the case.

Both California and NJ are examples of what happens when a state passes laws that violate the constitution but the federal courts are packed with lefties who hate the constitution.

This may change now that the 9th is much more right leaning than ever before. Trump put in something like 11 new constitutional judges. There will be so many court cases that the supreme court will have to take it up.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• The Supreme Court, unfortunately, does not have to take up any cases.

• there's at least 2 carry cases from NJ that have a good shot at being heard by the scotus. also, I think the 3rd circuit is no longer demented majority......

• Yep... and lazer.... that is why I said it 'almost forces' the supremes to take up the cases. If the right wins then the left wants to go to the supremes. If the left wins in district courts the right fights em. Eventually the supremes have to step in when there are a mountain of cases tying up the lower courts.

lazs

• Please if you would be so kind... what nation is NOT founded on violence?

AND which ones are no longer violent?

I was serious when I say that Wrag is smarter than he lets on. Well, halfway serious.

• Putting legalizing pot on the ballot draws the kids like the white van with 'free candy' written on the side.... with pretty much the same results in the end (so to speak)

lazs

True.

So what's stopping the Republicans from supporting that free candy?

• You forgot about that cunt stopping the improvements and expansion of the state's mental health facility in the thumb.

The bitch had the balls to say there wasn't enough qualified people to fill the positions that were needed. The guy that runs the facility said he had stacks of qualified apps. Then she said a study was needed to see if the expansion was worth it or if the facility should be moved somewhere else.

#1 is correct about it being a weird election cycle. I personally know 4 people that are in the 30's to 40's that voted for the first (and probably the last) time in their life. Just because legal weed was on the ballot. Funny thing is that many places have voted down being able to open a weed shop up. Most were voted down by very slim margins and/or very low turnout. Seems the stoners were to fucking lazy to get off the couch a second time.

That's an interesting take, and it makes me wonder if the Dems might finally play their 'green card' this time. I don't know how else they'd win at this point, but it's a long time til November.

Seems like Trump could steal their thunder real easy though if he wanted to.

• Trump has already stolen their thunder...they're just too self-absorbed to realize it.

And Ruth said, "Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried; the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me."

• Trump has already stolen their thunder...they're just too self-absorbed to realize it.

He hasn't supported decriminalization on a Federal level has he?

I get that he's pretty well leaving it to the states. Hillary wouldn't likely have done any better than that.

• Yep... leave it to the states. Many Republicans at the state level have endorsed legalization but probly not enough.

lazs