What's going on in Virginia?

• You've got it close but wrong. As usual.

It's John Wayne we have a problem with, but not for the reasons you think.

I've got no problem in Clint Eastwood. I kinda like several of his movies. Wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of any, but I know Scrote often quotes Unforgiven.

You aren't the only commie around. There are plenty that despise Clint for his empty chair monologue.

• Star Trek was just Bonanza in space.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• That’s what cookies are for.

The old Star Trek is too campy for me to watch now, NG is almost as bad. New show like Discovery is ok though, so far.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• TOS is campy, but it's worth watching for other reasons. The women are hot, Shatner's shitty acting is hilarious. And it's fun to think about how groundbreaking the show was for so many people at that time.

Not for a lot of city people- they'd seen scifi movies for years. But a lot of rural people at that time had never seen anything like it.

I've seen a chunk of the first season of Discovery. Doesn't appeal to me at all.

• You aren't the only commie around. There are plenty that despise Clint for his empty chair monologue.

I thought it was a poorly executed attempt at political humor. I like a lot of his movies anyway.

I saw The Mule several weeks back on a flight. It was a good movie. Not an amazing movie, but worth watching.

• I met the man... Given that I like all of his movies except maybe the girl boxer bullshit one? I liked the guy... did not hurt that he bought us drinks and dinner at his restaurant rather than throw our drunk asses out.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• LOL..... he says he does not buy the mass migration idea.... me neither... He is right tho that bloomberg got all them dems elected with a giant cash infusion.

lazs

• I think contributions should be limited to a certain amount per person or per company. Contributing is basically (to me) voting.

lazs

• Like...outside the area you represent?

AOC DWARFS all other Dems in fundraising, but hardly any of it comes from her district

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0…asio-cortez-district-fec/

• Only 10 people who live within Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s congressional district have been recorded making donations to her reelection campaign in 2019, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation analysis of available Federal Election Commission (FEC) filings.
    • Ocasio-Cortez outraised all other 87 freshmen representatives in the first half of 2019 in individual contributions, but the New York Democrat came in second-to-last place in terms of reported itemized contributions from the people she represents.
    • Democratic Reps. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan also rank among the lowest-performing freshman representatives in terms of reported financial support from people who live within their districts.

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.