• have you thought about it? i did several times . the first time only attracted armed cops. the second and last time i was alone i got a rope over a rafter in my workshop but i couldn't tie the noose i was too drunk. i tried hard to do it but it wasn't to be. that was abut 5 years ago. i'm hard to kill

• me personally no...but I had to deal with my daughter's depression....the system made things so much harder to get her straight....she is so much better now... but was not a fun few years

• the young shouldn't be depressed. thats what i am was here for. my whippy in 1966. that depresses me.

he drove too fast. the young shouldn't worry . i do that in spades. get rid of the smart phones. you dont need them

new zealand should be better than when i was a kid in the 1970s but it aint.

jacinda has a lot of work to do

• have you thought about it? i did several times . the first time only attracted armed cops. the second and last time i was alone i got a rope over a rafter in my workshop but i couldn't tie the noose i was too drunk. i tried hard to do it but it wasn't to be. that was abut 5 years ago. i'm hard to kill

I've thought about it, and then I tried and spent 72 hours in the looney bin as a result. If the gun had been loaded I would not be typing this now because I put it to my head and pulled the trigger.

I'm better now and realize that my issues revolve around codependency. While it's not my fault I am codependent, it is my responsibility to fix it and I'm working towards that end every day. It doesn't help that my spouse is a narcissistic sociopath but I'm working towards getting rid of her.

• Happiness is relative. I'm too much of a coward to do myself. I like to believe I'll gain courage before I become a burden.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Life is an e ticket ride- don't worry, we're all gonna die so- why rush it? Just enjoy the ride and hope that when you finally do go it's quick and painless. Shit man, I'm not afraid of dying- I should have died a few times but I didn't and now, at my age, if I die tonight I hope it's while chuckling as I check out... I hope I die with a smile on my face.

But before that happens I still have things to do, like hanging out with Lazs, giving my grandkids XMas gifts, and holding my wife really tight while we fall asleep- but really, I'm not afraid of dying. I'll bet that 100 years from now we'll all be dead, so- the nature of life is eventual death, right? Just make sure you don't die doing something stupid... I know lots of people who died stupidly and I miss them.

• I've felt the aftermath of 3 suicides. My son-in-law in 2002. My other son-in-law's father in 2007 and his half sister this year, 2019. If you want to deeply hurt those who care about you there's no surer way to do it. None of these acts were to escape a painful terminal illness. I think they were as much to punish those they believed were causing them pain as to escape their own pain/responsibility. There's no more wallowing in self-pity once the deed is done. You're done.

• Maybe God makes mistakes and/or there's no purpose for everyone. Maybe there is no God and purpose is an illusion. For either of these suicide has no lasting consequence for you. You won't enjoy any "I told you so's" but unbearable pain, physical or emotional, will abruptly end, along with the awareness of everything else. If you want to inflict pain on those who inflicted it on you forget it. You will have no ability to enjoy even a moment of that.

I doubt I can influence anyone who has decided to end their life. But I can stand against any delusion that there will be even the tiniest fragment of satisfaction in the act. There will absolutely none as you will either continue beyond but in great remorse or cease to exist as if you never were.

• Suicide? Seriously?

If anyone caused me so much "pain" as some claim then someone would be having an assisted suicide.

The notion never crossed my mind.

I've watched people dear deal with painful terminal illness and wait for God's release. I've watched as they did so with courage and dignity.

No way I'd leave a cowards legacy to those that come after me.

• I feel the same as you Storch yet I know people can and do lose all hope. Christ came to bring light into a dark world and forgiveness of any and all sin. For me and for you.