The future of air warfare

• Having flown real planes I know there is no substitute for actual air time. At least not on a PC today. However, I, and probably most of you have a lot more time in sims and in simulated combat than pilots did in the air before modern simulators.

• Can an F-16 radar track a small prop plane? Can an IR missile track a P-51 engine?

iLpcVAT.gif

AccountToPostThis - 1/23/2020

"Also there would be third parties that would drive prices down. Imagine Walmart Brand I Can't Believe it's Not Howitzer™ cannons"

• until they're hacked

Exactly, just look at what the cylons did to the colonial fleet.

Oh and the biggest technology jump came after reverse engineered the Roswell crash.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• So I did set up a mission.

4 P-51s (excellent AI setting) vs me in an F-15. I kept the fight under 10nm to almost give them a chance but there really was no chance. I didn't even take time to cal the stick and it is wobbly.

• You can't come at a missile armed fighter in a prop job like it's an equal fight because it isn't. Even 4 on 1 isn't an equal fight. You have to use cunning and guile to lure the jet into guns range before it sees you. I'm not saying that's easy mind you, just that it's possible and I'll bet on the guy using cunning and guile every time.

I'll probably lose a few bets but I'd win a few also.

• No one flying a modern jet will be lured into giving up their yuge advantage. Technology applied as intended wins the day.

• So I did set up a mission.

4 P-51s (excellent AI setting) vs me in an F-15. I kept the fight under 10nm to almost give them a chance but there really was no chance. I didn't even take time to cal the stick and it is wobbly.

You're assuming that the IR heat signature and the Radar Cross Sections are set up correctly on a plane that needs neither in a proper theater (Europe or even Korea) in game.

iLpcVAT.gif

AccountToPostThis - 1/23/2020

"Also there would be third parties that would drive prices down. Imagine Walmart Brand I Can't Believe it's Not Howitzer™ cannons"

• I know something about radar and missiles. Any WWII aircraft can be shot down with today's radar and heat seeking missiles.

• You're assuming that the IR heat signature and the Radar Cross Sections are set up correctly on a plane that needs neither in a proper theater (Europe or even Korea) in game.

British, German and American radars were picking up these planes 75 years ago.

I could add a disparaging comment about your sense of history and intelligence... But I won't.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

The post was edited 1 time, last by GScholz ().