Another feel good POPO story

• Showing lots of new folks basic shooting skills over the decades I realize that some just have natural talent.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Showing lots of new folks basic shooting skills over the decades I realize that some just have natural talent.

lazs

I let a guy shoot the "brass beauty" not long after I got it. It was the first time he'd shot a pistol in his life. From about 25ft you could dam near cover his 5 round group with a silver dollar. Yeah, some are natural born shooters.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• Those are mostly Hispanic cops. All under six foot, all morbidly obese and all convinced they rule.

Cops need to be white and over six feet tall.

Lassard: "And they all had Johnsons"

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them at will whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established. - President Jefferson Davis

• 300 rounds fired....and probably only 5 or 6 hit the intended target...

Coercive collective action in the name of the greater good not only is immoral—who decides who has the gun?—it also is destructive of human happiness and ruinous of human potential.

• 300 rounds fired....and probably only 5 or 6 hit the intended target...

Mighty fine shooting there. :thumbsup

Like I said, the pigs don't stop pulling the trigger until the mag is empty.

I'd bet $100 that a bunch of them couldn't even see the perps they were shooting at. But hell, they got their rounds off and went home. Win win right?

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• It's just MY opinion....but a pistol is the wrong weapon for that kind of shootout. The police would be better served by a short, pistol-caliber carbine with quick acquisition sights or scope.

But that's just MY opinion...

Coercive collective action in the name of the greater good not only is immoral—who decides who has the gun?—it also is destructive of human happiness and ruinous of human potential.

• It's just MY opinion....but a pistol is the wrong weapon for that kind of shootout. The police would be better served by a short, pistol-caliber carbine with quick acquisition sights or scope.

But that's just MY opinion...

Back when I was a kid cops I knew had the shotgun up front and a mini 14 in the trunk.

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

• They also need to fire about 5 thousand rounds a year to stay proficient...

• Kids that learn to shoot the old fashioned way with a mouse on a PC will be better than kids who shoot on the Xbox with a built-in aim assist.

• No Memes?

Buncha lazy fucks up in here...

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I think SD is correct in that it really does take thousands of rounds a year to keep proficient. things we used to do with handguns was to dry fire. old time thing was put a dime on the rear sight. if it fell off you were jerking.

Now? things like realistic BB guns and laser trainers for real guns make it so there is no excuse for not keeping up to some level.

Still... Live rounds are different. We like to set up targets (soda cans fear me) at all sorts of various distances from 20' to 100 yards. you really get to know your gun doing that.

lazs

• Yep... every step up towards realism is still a pale shadow of the real thing. Hunting often comes close as your heart rate etc are up.

Few of us have been shot at where we had to/got to shoot back. Training for it would be.... uh.... problematic.

That is one reason many cops come from the military.

Even being shot at.... sometimes you are calm and sometimes not. I think it is a really rare person who is calm every time.

lazs

• You can simulate stress by having a trainee run 100 to 200 yards and then firing a series of rounds at a target...and there's no excuse for not requiring such training.

• In my limited experience it is different every time but I get your point. Some say just repetition will train 'muscle memory' I am sure there is some truth to that too. In any case..... any training is better than no training.

What struck me was the number of cops who did not like firearms.

lazs

• If they don't like firearms they need to get out of the business...

• You are correct SD but many are in for the money and bennies.

lazs

Absolutely....so...if they want the money and the bennies they can do the training...

• Yeah well,

The only 2 folks I personally know who have taken a life defending themselves were both broads. One of whom I'm pretty sure had the guy at the gun store load it for her and never fired a single shot before the incident..the other..likely the same.

I kinda get a kick out of someone who's never seen a real scrap tell me about "training". Deadeye shooting is more about bets than preservation.