Ontario getting tough on 'killer' phones

• Caught using cell phone, or holding it while driving- $999 fine and 3 yr suspended license as of Jan.2020! Ouch...be aware folks!!

I give you Canucks this, you don't fuck around with penalties and fines. At least from my short incursion into Canuckistan.

From what I saw you're drivers seem more courteous as a whole than your American brethren. Take for example, as this Yankee outlaw was tooling along at 130 kilometers an hour (limit was 100kph, too fucking slow) the Canucks parted and let me through. No asswipe in the fast lane that refuses to move over. And why was I going 130kph when that's a $297 fine? Well because 150kph is a $10,000 fine, automatic license suspension, and you forfeit your vehicle on the spot. So a little over $200 American and if you catch me, ok fine me. Take my wheels and $10k, yeah fuck that I'll stay under 150kph.

So like it or not, its effective. So is the $5,000 fine for smoking under a building overhang. Stupid maybe, but you didn't see me smoking under an overhang.

So I'm onboard with this new "tuff stance" on cell phone usage.

I've said it many times that here most of our "penalties" really aren't meant to stop people from doing things. There merely to collect "sin" taxes. Take our drunk driving laws for example. I've always said if you really want to cut them down, make first offense a real bitch. Like mandatory jail time. Most would stop doing it.

So hats off to America's hat.

I say good job boys.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• It will happen here eventually. It will be lead by the insurance companies when they notice how much it cuts into there bottom line to pay out over wrecks caused by cell phones.

No it won't. Too much lobbying money to allow it to happen.

See my above post.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• I wouldn't be opposed to another incursion.

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

• No it won't. Too much lobbying money to allow it to happen.

See my above post

I dont see what lobbying money is going to keep this from happening in your post. My position is that the insurance companies are gonna lobby heavily in the next 10 years or less to make national law changes. Every wreck cuts into their bottom line and they have very deep pockets for lobbying and established relationships with washinton.

I do agree with you on the drunk driving thing. It is one of the most selfish and wreckless things a person can do. I think mandatory jail time should absolute be instituted. Ive seen more than one family destroyed because some shit bag decided he didn't want to take a cab or uber and ended up killing someone.

• 120-5kph and you can tool along all day at that speed.

• I dont see what lobbying money is going to keep this from happening in your post. My position is that the insurance companies are gonna lobby heavily in the next 10 years or less to make national law changes. Every wreck cuts into their bottom line and they have very deep pockets for lobbying and established relationships with washinton.

I do agree with you on the drunk driving thing. It is one of the most selfish and wreckless things a person can do. I think mandatory jail time should absolute be instituted. Ive seen more than one family destroyed because some shit bag decided he didn't want to take a cab or uber and ended up killing someone.

You're right, I worded that incorrectly. It's probably not the lobbying that will stop that, it's .gov's greed. They really have no interest in stopping much of anything they can make a buck off of. Just look at "super" speeding and drunk laws. Neither is harsh enough to really make people give it a second thought. Just a way to extract a little more money.

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

• You're right, I worded that incorrectly. It's probably not the lobbying that will stop that, it's .gov's greed. They really have no interest in stopping much of anything they can make a buck off of. Just look at "super" speeding and drunk laws. Neither is harsh enough to really make people give it a second thought. Just a way to extract a little more money.

You obviously have never had a DUI.

• It's never about safety. It's about revenue, and providing the police with infinite ways to harass any person at any time for any reason.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart person, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.

source.gif

• You obviously have never had a DUI.

No I haven't. But the "penalties" aren't really designed to stop people, only to create a revenue stream.

It's never about safety. It's about revenue, and providing the police with infinite ways to harass any person at any time for any reason.

Exactly.

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

• Dui laws are indeed a cash grab. You get a dui there about 2 dozen different vultures picking your bones

After all whos going to look a Grieving MotherTM in the eye & not rubber stamp a more draconian impaired driving law

Im no doc, ya flea bitten varmint. Im Riff Raff Sam, the riffiest riff whoever riffed a raff