the ghost

• Time to watch the George C Scott version again.

Ha! I watched it yesterday. You know the guy who plays Marley is also Porthos from the Lester 3 musketeers flicks

Im no doc, ya flea bitten varmint. Im Riff Raff Sam, the riffiest riff whoever riffed a raff

• I dunno, I vividly dreamed of being late for the midwatch twenty years after separation

LOL you kidding me? I applied for, and got, a 90 day school cut and was released 89 days early on the understanding I was going to go to college- it was May 28, 1974, and instead of going to college for the summer I bought a ski boat and went skiing instead- it was a great summer, and in September I enrolled in college because I got 220 a month on the GI Bill and that was free money- I took a photography class and spent my afternoons at Bay Meadows racetrack betting on the ponies and at my other classes my agenda was defiling the local 18 year old girls but--

I kept having this dream, for years. It was that they'd discovered I'd fraudulently gotten my school cut and then not gone, and then in my dream they'd pick me up and make me go through 89 days of fucking boot camp. It was a fucked up dream- and it went on for twenty years, and the older I was in real life the older I was in my dream. I was old, trying to keep up- that nightmare went on for over 20 years.

• The past, present, and future exist. We're just watching reruns. Is it disturbing to think that everything you ever done is fixed and not dissipating?

• The past, present, and future exist. We're just watching reruns. Is it disturbing to think that everything you ever done is fixed and not dissipating?

Nah man- the past is over, and if we've learned from it that's the best we can hope for... for example, I learned if I put my head in a newspaper bundling machine to make a headband the force of the plastic band cinching up may knock you out, plus the heating element that seals the band will burn your forehead.

The future we have no control over- other than I won't be putting my head in a newspaper bundling machine unless I'm extremely intoxicated and someone dares me to do it. And even then it'd have to be a double dog dare.

I live in the present, the here and now but I'm reasonably certain I won't be putting my head in a newspaper bundling machine today.

• Nah man- the past is over, and if we've learned from it that's the best we can hope for... for example, I learned if I put my head in a newspaper bundling machine to make a headband the force of the plastic band cinching up may knock you out, plus the heating element that seals the band will burn your forehead.

The future we have no control over- other than I won't be putting my head in a newspaper bundling machine unless I'm extremely intoxicated and someone dares me to do it. And even then it'd have to be a double dog dare.

I live in the present, the here and now but I'm reasonably certain I won't be putting my head in a newspaper bundling machine today.

Unless you're meditating on a mountain top somewhere that's how we all perceive the past, present, and future. But perception may not pierce reality. Almost certainly we are not fully aware of what is all around us. Does it matter? As you suggest, maybe not. Maybe perception is the only reality we need. Maybe not.