Women get dismissed and are not as respected

• It's not a lack of vehicles. He falls asleep on the way home from work. I just like my man not-dead.

I've only ever fallen asleep on a bike once, and even then I was really drunk and high. Does he like bikes?

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• Welcome to the real world. What will get interesting is after you have discussed conversationally issues or solved problems and then mentioned perhaps that another tack works better, etc. and then a day or two later those who heard this, mention that, and get high praise for having done just that. You realize just how invisible you might be. If you say anything you are petty.:snicker:dunno

• I've actually been driving the husb to work to his graveyard shift lately, which means I get home from work, drive him to work, get home just in time to go to sleep, then wake up early enough to fetch him & bring him home before going to my work. It sometimes winds up being in the car 6-7 hours a day.

:this:flowers:blueflower

• Welcome to the real world. What will get interesting is after you have discussed conversationally issues or solved problems and then mentioned perhaps that another tack works better, etc. and then a day or two later those who heard this, mention that, and get high praise for having done just that. You realize just how invisible you might be. If you say anything you are petty.:snicker:dunno

I've seen that!

• Hell molly... that stuff happens to men too. I would have to meet with the chief engineer and the mayor and sometimes councilmen sometimes. I would be the only one in the room not wearing a suit and not having a degree of some kind. Course they were talking about my pervue... The plant I ran. they would basically dismiss what I said then I would see what I said in the papers like they said it.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Hell molly... that stuff happens to men too. I would have to meet with the chief engineer and the mayor and sometimes councilmen sometimes. I would be the only one in the room not wearing a suit and not having a degree of some kind. Course they were talking about my pervue... The plant I ran. they would basically dismiss what I said then I would see what I said in the papers like they said it.

lazs

Of course it does. But why it happens to those it does most often, is because they seem the least believable that they will fight back. It doesn't often happen to Boss Hogg because he will steamroll over you and no one is going to risk that. So those who appear to be lower on the totem pole experience that. It is not specifically a gender thing. It is a rank thing. It is also buoyed by ignorance. Every work place or situation has parasites. And jealousy.

• I've been hitting back and last night was a great example. My manager "hushed" me when I tried to bring it up at our meeting. I've tried to ask about it several times and last night we got bitten BIG time because they didn't want to hear from me about it.

I work weekends as the normal and only Sunday tech. We also have two ON CALL guys that are supposed to get the emergency, 2 hour SLA - high priority calls. I have scheduled calls.

What I tried to tell everyone was that every weekend, the dispatchers treat me like I'm the ON CALL person, so they stack P1 (high priority... be there in 2 hours) calls on me instead of putting them on the OC guys. Worse, is that they don't give me the case on my phone software, so I often get lucky just to see that I have them.

Last night I was in a call for 3 hours and they dispatched two P1s to me that were impossible for me to even know about. They were email me and warning me that I was missing the deadline. I saw the emails later.

Shit hit the fan. Not my fault but I tried to warn them for 3 weeks and got "Gina!!!???" when I tried to bring it up. They assumed I had some nothing, bullshit thing to yap about.

Also., my manager did that to me in hangout group chats the other day when I offered my advice for logging in after an upgrade. A guy was having a problem so I explained how I got in. My manager was shitty with me. He said, so did you get in? Yes? Then there's no problem.

So I PM's his ass and said "you know, I am was just trying to be helpful. I'm not yapping just bother everyone" and since then he's been bendinfg over backwards to treat me with respect.,

• I have the words ‘Told Ya’ on the back of my bump cap. Not so much lately but there for a while I got the ‘you ain’t been here as long as I have’ bullshit when I proposed a solution to a failed process. I know those words irritated the fuck outta some folks standing behind me while I was doing it the way I said.

After a few cluster fucks that could have been avoided one of them ALWAYS asks me what I think now.

I don’t think it’s just you. I do think you need to keep hammering those idiots until they can only ignore you at their own peril.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• #1.... I know huh? who wants to read about a fucking shit plant? Well.. the city was getting sued for $100k by the WQCB. the big wigs were being asked what they were doing about it. They didn't have a fucking clue... and they knew better than to let me talk to reporters since ...well.. that time..

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I have the words ‘Told Ya’ on the back of my bump cap. Not so much lately but there for a while I got the ‘you ain’t been here as long as I have’ bullshit when I proposed a solution to a failed process. I know those words irritated the fuck outta some folks standing behind me while I was doing it the way I said.

After a few cluster fucks that could have been avoided one of them ALWAYS asks me what I think now.

I don’t think it’s just you. I do think you need to keep hammering those idiots until they can only ignore you at their own peril.

Don't let them think you are going away, ever.

• What I've noticed about myself though is that I do get way more emotional and upset with dumb stuff. I guess I can be a bitch too when I'm frustrated... and I get frustrated when people don't take me seriously, especially since I've pretty intelligent and do a really good job. I try to do a good job for the people I work for and I never slack off or blow things off. we have a good crew though, and I'd say everyone we have is pretty much like I am. They want to do a good job and they're very good at what they do.

• DID somebody just say something? I thought I heard some mumbling.:haha

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.