The next civil war

• Roving bands of hungry thugs will spread out to the suburbs within days of the initial event. THATS where it’s going to really get ugly.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• How vulnerable are our big cities? How long would they last if the highways leading into them were destroyed at a few key points? Do we have military planning for this?

I'll us Chicago as an example.

You could destroy every highway and Interstate going in and out of the city, but there are enough secondary roads to evacuate the entire city in a day or two.

So... we've come to the conclusion that the best way to stop the horde is to destroy the bridges at our border. Turn the bridgehead into a shooting gallery and they won't hang out long.

• People could escape the cities but we've built them so large that the millions fleeing still won't find sufficient food and water in the surrounding suburban communities for more than a few days. We've built cities of cards, waiting for a gust to blow them down.

• Say someone approached our shores with a few trawlers and sent 4 or 5 nukes a couple hundred miles over our heads then all bets are off. Our government might agree to let China come to our aid. Not everyone will approve.

• I thought this was about civil war?

Your worse fear should be a dirty bomb,all you need is an explosive and some old scrapped dental/hosp. Xray machines. The isotopes inside the machines would kill people for years.Hell amazon could be shipping them all over the place as I type.

This sort of already happened,only it wasnt a bomb that delivered the radiation.it was spread about in scrape metal that got turned into outdoor furniture,which in turn was shipped from Mexico through the US to Alberta.

Ask Darth,he;s up on these types of things.

Now a civil war would last as long as it would take for the military to set the drones on it's own populace.

• A dirty bomb is isolated to a relatively small location. EMPs across the nation would kill us, slowly. Any invasion too soon would be met with much force. Should our government side with any outside force for whatever reason there would indeed be a civil war.

• A single dirty bomb is isolated to a relatively small location. EMPs across the nation would kill us, slowly. Any invasion too soon would be met with much force. Should our government side with any outside force for whatever reason there would indeed be a civil war.

Changed it because I wasnt talking about a single dirty,in fact it doesnt even need to be a bomb. Simply irradiate some metal and make a product,slow but predicable death.

• Cities will self-destruct if their supply lines are cut. Or, just do nothing and wait.

I once walked an acquaintance through the ENTIRE process required to put a Coca Cola in his hands. He was stunned at how large and frail the supply-chain is. Couple that with being in a large urban concrete environment that is incapable of growing a single tomato for itself...

• Down here, the mere mention of snow empties the milk and bread and soup shelves.

The local thugs will go feral in days.

No quarter.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Tell that egghead professor to fuck off- no N Ca pot for that ingrate piece of shit.

Me, I'd retreat up North an hour or so... there's old ancient trails that go all the way to the Coast, and plenty of deer and turkeys to live on and lots of fish and Abalone in the water... I'd harvest kelp and shellfish and sell Sushi to the surviving Asians. I just need a recipe for Wasabi- get that and I'm all good.

• Kill the power for two weeks and they all go feral.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this