30 years ago

• I remember watchin it fall on the news. Gawd I'm old.

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Idiots.

Removing a safety buffer around Russia makes a nuclear release much more possible.

My Mother lived in GDR for a couple of years, Grand Dad was a "portable missile base" commander in 58-66.

A happy country that people miss and you fucking "capitalists" simply consumed.

• Anything bad looking there?

Pffff

Taking a ride from Trenton to Penn station is really depressing.

Iggy's Stooges Passenger.

Last weekend I took a ride from Moscow Belorussian Station to Mozhaisk, 120km. An hour and a half.

Nothing as depressive as you watch between Newark and NYC. Fuck, all that rusting shit that was maybe usefull during dry law. Rivets! When i get to a modern electric train at Belorussian station - i pass Begovaya, Fili, Kuntsevo - platforms full of smiling happy people.

• I think people can get used to anything. then when things change there is a tendency to remember 'the good old days' The times I grew up in were great.... for a 6 foot white middle class male ... not sure everyone saw it that way tho.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• That is pretty well put Iron. I think China is the best example of a hybrid. but the communist parts are crumbling under pressure.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Yeah nothing rusting in mother Russia right? How about Chernobyl? Our shit might rust but you fucking Neanderthals keep making shit glow in the dark. You should be stripped of all nuclear materials. You keep proving you can't be trusted with it.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• Yeah, I should have looked at those more closely. Not good examples.

• Yeah nothing rusting in mother Russia right? How about Chernobyl? Our shit might rust but you fucking Neanderthals keep making shit glow in the dark. You should be stripped of all nuclear materials. You keep proving you can't be trusted with it.

Well, Chernobyl is Ukraine now. Only there they sell contaminated metal for scrap.

JFYI: you, guys, can't enrich Uranium any more. Rosatom is de-facto a monopolist on nuclear energy. I am afraid that Westinghouse heat-emitting elements they try to fit for Ukrainian reactors will result in a disaster much more dangerous then Chernobyl. Just look at Fukishima: GE one-contour (!!!) US-built reactors produced much more damage then Chernobyl, but you just won't hear it in the news. USSR showed a great concentration and devotion fighting a much overestimated threat. Japan/US managed to demonstrate irresponcibility, covardice and lack of primitive engineering skills.

• Well, Chernobyl is Ukraine now. Only there they sell contaminated metal for scrap.

JFYI: you, guys, can't enrich Uranium any more. Rosatom is de-facto a monopolist on nuclear energy. I am afraid that Westinghouse heat-emitting elements they try to fit for Ukrainian reactors will result in a disaster much more dangerous then Chernobyl. Just look at Fukishima: GE one-contour (!!!) US-built reactors produced much more damage then Chernobyl, but you just won't hear it in the news. USSR showed a great concentration and devotion fighting a much overestimated threat. Japan/US managed to demonstrate irresponcibility, covardice and lack of primitive engineering skills.

Yuge difference between a plant blowing up due to design flaws and one being destroyed by a historic tsunami, don't you think?

• The plant uses a gas centrifuge technology known as Zippe-type centrifuges.

NEF can provide 50% of the current enriched uranium demand for civilian nuclear power plants in the U.S

Zippe type centrifuges were developed in the Soviet Union, so they are probably just barely better than flint hand axes... but Gernot Zippe was a captured german/austrian that the Russians kept in slave labor, so maybe they are better than I give them credit for.