I am really pissed off right now

• As am I molly. I admit to being jealous of almost everything about red states other than their weather.

I honestly don't blame other states for hating us. for the last 30 years or so.... everything bad comes out of California.... it is like africa in that respect but for politics instead of disease.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• As am I molly. I admit to being jealous of almost everything about red states other than their weather.

I honestly don't blame other states for hating us. for the last 30 years or so.... everything bad comes out of California.... it is like africa in that respect but for politics instead of disease.

lazs

Well, there is a solid and very good reason for that; it is those dissidents who came here from all other states, countries and places who sought to remake their homelands herein this state. Just decades ago before so much California influx we were stable, prosperous, innovative and law abiding and leaders in just about everything, enterprising and ambitious.

We maintained the image of how early America enjoyed the bright, industrious people who came here to be who they wanted and contributed mightily to making us the production capitol of the world. Just my opinion. I really believe things changed in the direction we now find ourselves, really under Johnson and his family undermining and great society programs got high jacked from being helpful in giving a leg up into seduction into a lifestyle. Temporary 'fixes' became permanent and getting the fathers and husbands out of the home became the norm. Everything changed since then and all downhill.:dunno

• yep... the welfare state from LBJ.... if you are gonna get welfare might as well live where the weather is nice right? and you sure as hell are not gonna vote against any free stuff.

Also the environmental movement put a lot of dems in power here. we passed our CARB and EPA shit to every state.

In the old days we led too.... things like normal civil rights and insurance reform... good stuff.... Now? nothing but bad.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• There's lots of states with nice weather. Of course there are drawbacks, the southeast with it hurricanes and tornadoes or California with it's wild fires and earthquakes. Maybe a little snow ain't so bad.

• Earthquakes? Please. Last one I felt was 1989- and since then I've seen a dozen UFOs and three Bigfoot.

Ha, ha. We were in our car coming back from doctor's appointments with a neurosurgeon from an accident hubby and I were in. Driving I 80 close to Cal Expo and never felt a thing.

I had a friend who was sitting in SF at the stadium waiting for the World Series .

• I've been through a few pretty good ones. A couple in Okinawa and one in Nevada. They wouldn't prevent me from living there if I were so inclined. But then I'm not deterred by the weather in southern Idaho either.

• Earthquakes? Please. Last one I felt was 1989- and since then I've seen a dozen UFOs and three Bigfoot.

To be fair, you were stoned for like 4 decades straight.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• I had a friend stationed there 89-90ish.. Every year veteran's day I thank him for sweeping the runway.

By the way... Thanks for sweeping the runway, chairforce.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this