FUCK the EPA

• https://www.forbes.com/sites/l…JJ04aFz7-FAKGmlATks_Qxyes

The EPA has recently banned the production and sale of 80 percent of America’s current wood-burning stoves, the oldest heating method known to mankind and mainstay of rural homes and many of our nation’s poorest residents. The agency’s stringent one-size-fits-all rules apply equally to heavily air-polluted cities and far cleaner plus typically colder off-grid wilderness areas such as large regions of Alaska and the American West.

While EPA’s most recent regulations aren’t altogether new, their impacts will nonetheless be severe. Whereas restrictions had previously banned wood-burning stoves that didn’t limit fine airborne particulate emissions to 15 micrograms per cubic meter of air, the change will impose a maximum 12 microgram limit. To put this amount in context, EPA estimates that secondhand tobacco smoke in a closed car can expose a person to 3,000-4,000 micrograms of particulates per cubic meter.

No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full

• When are they going to regulate Forest Fires? I mean..................

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• The outdoor wood burning boiler systems got hit a few years back. All "new" ones have emission bullshit on them. There's a few peeps around here making good money building "illegal" ones.

Also to go along with that. The forestry service has made it very difficult to cut wood on state and federal land. I told the story of a friend a few years ago who was hit with a fine for being less than 10ft from his permit's boundaries.

.Gov has been trying to squash the idea of heating your home with wood for a few years now. I'm sure if we followed the money trail it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where it would lead.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• China starts up an unfiltered, coal-fired electric every day and twice on thursday. pours toxic chemicals in rivers upstream from where cities get their drinking water, India little better. Home fireplaces are probably on that list, but several hundred places down

No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full

• Next they will be banning fireplaces.

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• I'm sure it's in the works.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• So you all have no problem with, say China and India, using wood for fires?

absolutely not, renewable energy

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them at will whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established. - President Jefferson Davis

• Next they will be banning fireplaces.

https://www.offthegridnews.com…d-stoves-proposed-by-epa/

The rules would impact 80 percent of the stoves on the market. The proposed regulations come after months of the EPA studying the issue. OffTheGridNews.com reported last year on the EPA’s likely intent.

The good news is that the proposed rules will not affect existing wood stoves or heaters. Instead, they would only affect such devices built after 2015. The bad news is that you may be prohibited from selling your old stove or heater — and that a new one will cost more. In Oregon, you already can’t sell your house without taking out the old stove.

Here’s what the standards will cover:

• Adjustable rate wood stoves
    • Wood-fired boilers
    • Outdoor wood-fired boilers or hydronic heaters
    • Wood-burning forced air furnaces
    • Pellet-burning stoves
    • Masonry wood heaters
    • Single burn-rate wood stoves

The following heat sources will not be covered by the standards:

• Coal burning stoves or furnaces
    • Oil burning stoves or furnaces
    • Pizza ovens
    • Barbecues
    • Outdoor fireplaces
    • Fire pits
    • Chimineas
    • The regulations don’t say whether furnaces that burn two types of fuel such as wood and propane would be affected or not.