22 lr costs..

• This is kinda ... a fuck you to hoarders... When the monkey boy was in there was the 'great ammo drought' every conspiracy asshole and prepper... bought every round they could and mostly 22 lr. $40-$50 a brick of 500 and even more.. no idea how much ammo some bought.. maybe a grand worth..

I handload for centerfire.. I do not shoot a lot of 22 lr.. have not since I was a kid. I have maybe a few 22 lr handguns and a rifle or two.. rarely get shot.. at the height of the drought I had maybe a thousand 22 lr of various makes? couple days worth for serious 22 shooters.

So looking at 22 lr ammo costs.. It seems like a 500 round box is in the $20 range or cheaper depending on brand now. I will pick up a brick now and then but...

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• It was cheaper before the run than now. I don't recall how much cheaper. I have a few thousand rounds I bought before it became scarce and bought none at those outrageous prices.

• Dug a few up... Top is a 50's 60's High Standard 'camp gun' 22 lr with extra 22 mag cylinder.. this is a nine shot 22 in both LR and Mag.

Next is my grand pa's gun.. 22 Ruger semi auto... from? late 50's?

last is my 1936 Smith and wesson "outdoorsman" soon to be called the "Masterpiece" in the 40's Imagine buying this gun in the depression.. it costs more than most made a month.. but it put meat on the table and took care of the possums or coyotes at the hen house.... interesting times....

lazs

• I enjoy shooting a LOT... The .22 is one of the most fun calibers to shoot because it is cheap and it's a great tool for bringing someone into the hobby.

No trees were killed in the posting of this bullshit, however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• I did not wait for the price to skyrocket - keep stocked.

As with AR's I try to buy low and sell high.

That's the one bitch I have with Trump. I bought 4 cheap lowers and 3 uppers expecting big returns once Hildabeast won. Sold one for a modest profit, gave one as a gift and still have the 2 others.

Oh well, small price to pay for these good times.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• As usual ... California is the state to watch. If the dems here get away with their scheme to make ammo scarce and expensive .... well.... coming to a state near you.

lazs

• I've got about 500 rounds of 22 lr hollow points. Enough to survive for quite a while on small game...but not enough to fight off ravening hordes of starving city-folk.

And Ruth said, "Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried; the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me."

• For 22 lr I like to have a variety brands since most 22 guns like one more than another... especially semi autos.

lazs

• I've got about 500 rounds of 22 lr hollow points. Enough to survive for quite a while on small game...but not enough to fight off ravening hordes of starving city-folk.

M1 comes in handy there

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• I sincerely hope there are hoarders with 100,000 remington golden bullets in their garage that they paid $40/500 for.

I have a Ruger 10/22 breakdown. It's a nice gun. I'm going to pull the bug scope off of it and go with something a little simpler. I'm thinking that bug will go on my 300 blackout.

• I paid $22 for 5 one hundred round golden bullet boxes... Never tried the ammo before but it seems really good.

What is a bug scope?

lazs

• Yeah... that's the "consensus" best-deal from Rimfire Central. It's great for ARs too. I've heard of them being put on 45-70s without issues. It's a durable cost effective solution for so many things.