Meme Time

• You wrote that, didn't you?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• A sane person wouldn't.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• 2020, America's New Civil War.

If people do not display wisdom, they will crash like blind moles and then mutual annihilation will commence.

Dems: "Tell us the truth"
    Barr: "There was spying"
    Dems:"NOT THAT TRUTH"

you ain’t black! -Joe Biden, 2020

• ‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• A sane person wouldn't.

Sure they would. That exercise monstrosity in my last post.

My wife every so often would decide she's going to "get in shape". Back in the 1980s. it was the

"Ajay Octagym"

36b29e79a512454e815ba8d35cf5b7fe.jpg

Not a bad idea. you could move it to do different things just like some of the fancy multi purpose stuff you see now.

Then in the early 90s it was a small weight set. Then in the late 90s it was a sit up board

Then one day when my son was about 14-15 she comes home with the "Tony Little Gazelle Glider" and drags it into the room (essentially my man cave) where my son and I are hanging out we call "the computer room" for self explanatory reasons .

Wife "You have to put this together for me"

Me "Why did you get it and where are you planning on putting it"

Wife "I want to try and get into shape and Im going to keep it right in here and we can all hang out while I work out" (yea..thats what he and I want)

Me. "I dont want it in here. where are you going to put it? its not going to fit"

Wife. "it folds up, and we can just put it against the wall when Im not using it"

With this I turn to my son and say "Here is whats going to happen, She is going to use this thing for about a week. Then its going to sit there and become a towel hangar for every time she comes in from the pool. and you and I are going to spend the next 6 months smashing our toes on it whenever we walk by it because the base sticks out farther then the unit"

Wife No it wont.. Watch. Just put it together for me"

So I did.

And that is EXACTLY what happened. And each time we did. We blamed her.

Now. Fast forward 6 months. He and I are both pretty disgusted with this thing and my son asks me how long we are going to leave it there. So tell have him grab one and so we can put it out in the shed. the wife walks in and asks what we are doing. I tell her and she now wants us to put it int the garage because she is going to turn the garage into an exercise room. "Back and forth we argue. you you arent" , "Yes I am..watch" (seems Ive heard that line a few times before)

Our laundry room is in a small room in the back of the garage. So again I predict what will happen.

"We are going to put it in there. you are never going to use it only now its going to become a clothes hangar for your stuff that you dont put in the dryer that I am going to have to move every time I need to get at something in here"

Wife.."No it wont..watch"

And again that is exactly what happened. and it turns out it wasnt that safe for people toes there either.

Finally I grab my son and we put the thing in the shed where I originally wanted it.

SIX MONTHS LATER. The wife comes in "Where is the glider? that was in the garage"

Me "T.J. (my son) and I put it in the shed 6 months ago. You JUST noticed? Your NOT turning the garage into an exercise room.

Wife "No. Im going to give it to (her friend) Karens sister Joanne, she wants to....get in shape. you have to empty your van and bring it over there for her" I LOATHE emptying my van for anything that isnt work related but it will finally be off my hands.

Me. "Fine, Does Joannes husband know he's getting this?"

Wife "I didnt ask. Hurry up She is only going ot be home till 6 then she has to go out"

Im thinking thats probably when her husband gets home

So I bring it over there and put it in their family room.

Some time goes by I meet her husband at a picnic and he starts talking about "this fucking supersize contraption she got the asshole with the pony tale advertises and she never uses and he continually trips on in the night.

"Yep...Been there. done that"

True story

• How much homeowner work is it you think ever is seen by an inspector?

Not that much, but think back about the bitching here about inspectors.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018