How it worked

• Bus/Trolley-bus/Tram in Soviet Union.

73212176_414369129495811_6999184705354465280_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQkDqeFvI8bYoLgzRtCK8DfPGFpNLTWJZZ2IaDJcWF0OqdNUhDn0N-jwhNhFe4FSAVA&_nc_ht=scontent-ams4-1.xx&oh=38228925b7de11daea6df07ec62b5f0a&oe=5E5B93F3

This is trolley bus before 1985, when Gorby made equal fee for bus, trolley and tram, 5 kopeykas instead of 5, 4 and 3. You drop 4 kopeykas for a ride, or 10 kopeykas for luggage, then turn the handle on the right and tear a ticket, or two - for luggage. There were no evil KGB watching if you dropped your coins or just tore a ticket without paying.

BTW, "copper" coins of 1,2,3 or 5 kopeykas were precisely 1,2,3, or 5 grams.

• About time you got back here my distant friend. Now tell us what you think about the whole Syria/Turkey thing.

I for one am glad you Russians are taking over.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• In many parts of America when I was young kids could barely wait to have transportation independence. Bicycles, motorcycles, cars. No longer at the mercy of Mom or Dad or waiting at the bus stop. Go where you want when you wanted. I rode buses plenty but no fond memories there for me.

I do understand nostalgia though and indulge myself as often as the next. The past is certain, the future is not.

• Sounds like a little nostalgia creeping in Boroda? Was public transportation really that good?

Hell that's not nostalgia, it's Russia. He took that pic today.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• In many parts of America when I was young kids could barely wait to have transportation independence. Bicycles, motorcycles, cars. No longer at the mercy of Mom or Dad or waiting at the bus stop. Go where you want when you wanted. I rode buses plenty but no fond memories there for me.

I do understand nostalgia though and indulge myself as often as the next. The past is certain, the future is not.

You guys are village dwellers. Village boys rode mopeds since 14. Officially.

In Leningrad it took me 15-20min to walk from home to school. It was an English speaking school. Nearest school was 2min walk. Same shit in Moscow, but it was more convenient to take a trolley. Big city, you'll never understand.

• About time you got back here my distant friend. Now tell us what you think about the whole Syria/Turkey thing.

I for one am glad you Russians are taking over.

I am sure your troops should get the fuck out, but now it's already too late to remain innocent. You officially admitted you are international gangsters with that Syrian oil. Iraq invasion pretty much explained.

• Come to Moscow.

Now our public transport is even better than in Soviet times. Watch a bus coming in a phone app, pay with a wirless card like Visa or Mir,

I've yet to use Uber or Lyft but those are wildly popular here. Do you have something similar?