Ford vs Ferrari....

• I have an extensive car wish list, and none of them are mustangs.

An awful lot of VW's, though.

After watching the movie (we invited our son & his gf), we did spend a fair amount of time talking about the hot rods we've had (and wrecked or ran into the ground or gave away).

• I'd like a Karmann Ghia.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I have had a lot of different Hot Rods and just beaters. Not really doing that anymore I don't think. Except my LS powered C10 pickup. I do get to drive the parade of Hot Rods my buddy who owns a shop goes through now and then.... If he keeps on a year it is surprising.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• But I'd REALLY like a 550 Spyder.

Replica, of course; I want to be able to drive it.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• I got no problem with plastic replicas. if...........they are done right. The 550 spyder... not enough people know the details like stitching and gauges and other minor things like emergency brake handle. Truth is? the cars are damn good. And fun and... relatively cheap... like.... $15k for a nice spyder replica with a hot rod VW motor.. that.. has aluminum cases and not GASP! magnesium cases. But it is cool as fuck and probly faster and better handling than the one that killed James Dean.

Ok... the $15k is if you do most of the work yourself without paint... It is also less a lot of the perfect replica incidentals like seats (leather) and gauges etc...

lazs

• My kid went to see it last week and couldn't get in because it was sold out. That's a good sign.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• I honestly can't imagine that little fag damien as Shelby. I met Shelby. He is more like Trump than damien. He was bigger than life and pretty much full of it a lot of the time but got results.

To sell Cobra's .... He had one car built. He would let magazine writers take it for test/review.... but he painted it a different color all the time so that in the articles it looked like different cars. He only had four AC bodies and a dozen passenger car motors and 4 speeds to start.

lazs

• Tom Hanks should have left Matt Damon to die in France.

• Like a lot of actors.... he is good at his craft and helps movies but is impossible to listen to in interviews or when he gets political.

lazs

• I typically do not but they are pretty much in your face. I kinda like to hear the actors talk about their parts in movies tho.

lazs