$200 revolver?

• Ok.. I work on guns.. I have no fucking clue how they would make a $200 revolver but to tell the truth? I would love to get my hands on one of these babies! most of us have young people or single women looking for a reasonable priced handgun... this seems to be the ticket.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I think he was making a joke john. he has competed in shooting matches for decades.

I shoot handguns mostly.. both semi and revolver.. some 100 years old.. many semi autos will choke on this or that bullet shape. He was fucking around with that comment. He also called the cylinder a magazine.. also a joke.

Revolvers will 'feed' anything.. so long as it is the right case and not toooooo long. He for sure knows that.

My point is...........$200 .. are you shitting me? This is a budget Colt Cobra. This is a gun that competes with an $800 Smith.. or a $600 taurus.

I am gonna buy one.. off the shelf.. I am gonna check chambers and lockup and accuracy at 50 yards or more with a bunch of handloads that I know work well in 38 spl.. and some hot loads.

How many times has someone who is poor asked you for your recommendation for a handgun for self defense?

How many times have you wished you had a 38 spl revolver at the range?

lazs

• I have enough .357 guns. I really do like a good 38 tho. Great caliber to teach people on. and yes.. I know you can shoot 38's in a .357 but it is something that I just don't do. EAA does make the Windicator or some such that is like a K frame in .357 for right around $300 tho.

lazs

• Not sure if you can spend $600 on a Taurus .38....well, you know what I mean.

I do...know a guy who's picked up a couple of South American 4" .38's. They shoot just fine. Not sure what they'll look like at the 5000 round mark and not clear on the metallurgy but like everyone says....."for the money...." Sorta like highly over-regulated mopeds.

• Ok.. the Taurus 5 shot is a direct copy of the J frame Smith they run around $400 new. The 6 shot 38spl runs about $500 new.. it is a direct copy of the model 10 Smith in K frame which is 6 shot.

The Rock Island 38 is a really close copy of the Colt detective special which is a far different gun. The lockwork is like the other snake Colt guns such as the PYTHON... the DS is a very desirable gun itself and hard to come by. But to have a Python lockwork is kinda cool for $200

Now... if they can do this? They can make a 'reasonable' Python copy for cheap.

lazs

• Yep... the Rock island stuff is the Philippines.. they make nice 1911's also.. they are also making a line of ammo.

lazs