• G-sync is an Nvidia proprietary process for syncing the Nvidia graphics card to the monitor. You want the frame rate sent from the card to match exactly the frame rate on the monitor. Without sync you can get "tearing" which is caused by a frame being drawn by the monitor being interrupted by a frame being sent by the card. AMD has their own method of syncing called Freesync. Freesync monitors are cheaper. Within the last year Nvidia opened their drivers to potentially allow G-sync to work with Freesync monitors. This is one of those Freesync monitors proven to be compatible with G-sync.

• My wife bought me a 32" Samsung curved monitor for my birthday. I love it. I don't know if it does G-sync but I've never experienced tearing on it.

Edit. I did change it from 144 hertz to 60 and my card is set at 60

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• I have three monitors. 2 27" curved Samsungs and a 32" Flat LG. I bought the LG thinking I was going to retire and needed only one monitor. Then I went to a two day work week instead and decided I still needed 3. Going to replace the LG with the Acer.

• I have the Samsung curved TV and love it.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• That kills me. They sell these monster TVs, and these others walk around watchin TV on their 4 inch cell phones. I be cornfused.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• That monitor is only 1080p, you might want to look for 1440p in the 27" size range, but it's personal pref. That monitor has most of the key features you want in a gaming monitor, that being high as in 144hz or higher refresh, decent size, and Gsync. Resolution is more optional IMO, as 1080p to 1440p isn't a huge jump, but it is there still. I ran the very first 144hz monitors made by Asus back when their 24" version came out. When the first ROG Asus 27" came out I bought that, it was a VA 144hz 27" Gsync panel. Since then I've gone through the IPS version of that monitor which would go up to 165hz, to the new 4k PG27UQ 27" units, which were $2000 CAD each. I also run an Alienware 34" 120hz 1440p Gsync widescreen, and will upgrade that soon to one of the newer widescreens coming out.

I've used pretty much all of the new gaming type LCDs, and IMO going from 60hz to 144hz (or even 100hz) is the most important feature in a gaming monitor. After that the size, Gsync, resolution, are all added bonuses IMO.

• Looks like it went from $169 to $199 after I ordered. No doubt there will be many good deals in the next weeks to come.

• Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Wasn't all that long ago that when you got a 27" color TV console you had arrived.

Heh, my pops and I were just talking about that. When we moved from a farm back into a city after he was transferred for the umpteenth time, he bought us a 26" cabinet TV - you know, the ones that sat right on the floor in a big wood cabinet with storage crap on the sides. 26" on the floor, and I was the mad baller for teenagers on our new block. If you showed kids a 26" tv on the floor today, they would laugh, and so would I. Even later, in the mid 90s, I had bought a 36" flat tube TV, and that was insane big by the standards of the day, anyone new who came over to our townhouse would flip out over that size.

Now every Tom/Dick/Harry has a 65 or 70" Flatscreen, you have to get the 80 to 100+" screens to be a baller now. Even a home theater room is NBD, our 4k projector in our theater room is nothing special at all.

• Got it a bit ago and set it up. The stand is a bit shorter (I compensated temporarily) than the Samsungs and the monitor is a bit smaller, not much, they are all 27". Seems small after the LG which is 34", not 32" as I thought. Will report again after I've used it a bit.

• They have 3 monitor wallpaper yanno.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.