"There's probably no God so you might as well enjoy yourself"

• Heard this on the radio from an Atheist- and I think I understand the disconnect better now. If you believe in God, and Heaven, then you have to suffer to get there, right? Your life must be miserable, right? Otherwise you cannot achieve the Kingdom of Heaven, right? You must suffer on Earth. This is the belief of Atheism- you cannot enjoy life on Earth and achieve the Kingdom of Heaven too.

Hedonism is OK- Hey, I used to look at my own picture while masturbating- but the real rush for me now is doing something cool, something that makes a difference. BBQ'ing hot dogs at the Humane Society. Walking shelter dogs. Cleaning up trash at abandoned homeless encampments. It's not an organized religious activity but it's something God, if there is one, will take note of.

I think you can be a good, re: religious person, and do good things, and not have to suffer on Earth to achieve Heaven. At any rate I'm not going to worry about it- I'll just keep on being me with my own code of ethics and do something nice for others occasionally, just because it makes me feel good. It's all about being kind and compassionate, and if that's considered suffering then- I guess I'll burn in Hell.

If there is such a place.

• I am a HUGE fan of enjoying myself. Not sure if it is my belief in god or just the way I was raised or what but.... I draw the line at hurting other people.

I can get enough money without hurting other people... .I can get enough women or food or whatever without hurting anyone.

I don't really think most atheists believe that they can justify stuff that is wrong just because they will not be punished after death. Some do tho I bet.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• The bible-thumpers for whom you vote, who claim to be god experts, say specifically and often that good works aren't enough. Many of them say that good works are basically irrelevant, as they are merely a result of being a Good Christian. You gotta believe in the correct version of god and go through the correct rituals, otherwise you're fucked for eternity.

• The version I described in my first post is the evangelical version, you know, the one that you vote for every chance you get. Those tards that you grant power to control your life consider you a sinful blasphemous piece of shit who deserves to burn for eternity.

• Soo... if you narrow mindedly put everyone in a group of many millions into one box... that is somehow thinking broadly?

not sure how that works. I believe in god. your religion tells you that you know there is no god and you believe this because you have faith that it is true.

lazs

• Which version of which god do you believe in? You might give it the same name, but you definitely don't believe in the same god that Pence and MNN believe in. Their god is a legalistic piece of shit who will absolutely damn you to hell. I mean, if he's real. Which you apparently think he is.

• I am not a christian if that is what you are asking. I do believe that there are some great things in that religion tho. I don't let it get me all angry and upset like atheists do tho.

lazs

• I think that if there is something like a magical man who lives in the sky, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think that it cares about my opinion on its existence. There is, however, every reason to think that Preacher Billybob and Imam Alibaba care about my opinion on its existence. If I don't believe what they tell me to believe, they won't get any of my cash and they won't have any control over what I do. If you don't have the guts to call the magical man who lives in the sky a piece of shit, you're a gullible sheep who is too frightened by the ravings of an obvious con man. Well, you voted for Tinyhands, so I guess that's already established.

• Again... a really bitter and narrow minded way to look at it.... you see that right scroat? you can't put all religions or all people into a neat little box and just hate em all out of hand.

I mean.... I don't even do that with negros or lefties.

lazs

• I don't hate all religious people. Only the ones who try to impose their idiocy on me. That's why I hate Bronze Age Middle Eastern Goat Herder Magicians. But I could give a shit less about Hindus or Buddhists or followers of any number of tribal religions or any other religious people who have no effect on me. They're just irrelevant idiots.

• Stuff

Escapegoat has a point in that too many "preachers" of almost every kind of religion have misused the power of religion and misrepresented God for their own power and benefit. For that, they should be rightly condemned. What Escapegoat doesn't see is that his hatred has simply made him the other side of that coin. He condemns everyone for any sort of honestly-held belief, but at the same time continues their pattern of misrepresenting God.

God's word teaches why mankind is in the state he is in, and what the hope of the future is . . . if one has the inclination to find out. And that's where I'll leave this, because I expect nothing but more mudslinging to follow.

Brauno in a previous life, followed by LTARget. E25280 on the Forum.

SWtarget in last AH in game incarnation.

"Proudly drawing fire so my brothers may pass unharmed."

Brauno in World of Tanks.

"What is, is. What was, will be. What will be, was, but will be again." - Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter