Trump impeachment ‘almost inevitable’ as key Congress members decide president must be removed

• Exactly.. how bout next time you have a meet with your real estate hebe women or pawn shop owners you think about your people and how they just sit around and bitch with no data?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Well, you got us down pretty good, fish.

Turn that third eye on yourself and tell us what you see.

Someone who eventually got over where you are now. Not you particularly, not everyone, just a theme here. It's just an effect I hate to see. Someone cooks up a talking point, gives it to Hannity who then repeats it every single day over and over, and then you go to Breitbart or something and you see verbatim that same thing over and over in the comments. It's a criticism of how come to think the things you think. I'm open to other criticisms if you like - impulse control and high time preference among them. We're all working on something.

• You know... If everybody tried as hard to stick to there policy agendas as they do trying to derail trump things would be a whole lot better..

Love or hate Trump .. he has kept on his track .... Had there been another person in charge pretty sure there would be another war America was in somewhere... Trump doesn't like to spend needless money and war costs... he has instead worked and in many ways directed ( very slowly due to the mass of criticism and low balling tactics tried by many) America to look at itself again... and work on strengthening itself.... yes the last few years there have been a lot of splinters in America... but I think that so many attempts to shine a bad light on him and so many of those attempts being thwarted by those peoples stupid extended truths (and their own true demons) being found out has started the galvanizing process that will make America the strong stoic country it should be.... As Razer commented in another thread... Americans need to understand and all be Americans together.. all start on page one together ... we are American... and go from there.... just way too much Hyperbole .... it is even here .... nothing but political ramblings for 60% of the thread counts here..

Sorry...just started rambling now so I will stop..... this typing thing is difficult for me...I am a body language and to your face type of person... but hopefully you guys get the gist of what I am saying

That goes for other countries trying to butt in also...

• All of those things can't just snap the fingers and happen.... do you know how works??? he has had to complete all the paperwork first... and as many know admin is a bitch of a thing to get passed.... there is always another clause to adhere to.... most terms don't start taking effect till the end and it is the second term that shit can finally get done....

• There is a high degree of parroting. It's not a good use of my time to try to change that here. It's easy to just cast everyone as a hannity koch licker, as it us to say evilSOROSCNN, but that's a starting point to get somewhere past the usual posts.

I enjoy the varied points that come from it by posters on here. While I dont expect something extraordinary, I've often found unexpected points from those I deemed as cookie cutter over the years here.

Just hang out in a comfy chair and let us wear down that fish impulse.

• Storch has some unique takes sometimes. We rarely agree but I'm listening. The Libertarians here don't parrot as much, but their goal is a fantasy so it kinda doesn't matter. I'd like to see a stronger right wing, the takes here are ice cold.

The Republicans are weak and much like the libs these days. Go grab a 90s Democrat and you have a current Republican.

They could put pressure on Trump and control the agenda, but instead they're just clapping no matter what happens. It's unrealized power.

• I personally don't think much of him as a man ... but under it all he has shown his intent for America .... more so than many trying to trip him up.... That is the bigger picture ... sure he's a show boater and all that ... however he has seen where America is weaker and open to exploitation and is trying to remediate...

Now not everyone in the beginning wins in this part that is true ... but it is headed to a stronger America again...Which helps all Americans

This is my opinion ...sure... And I am not American ... sure ...but I can still understand that America whilst still powerful was starting to wain... He is bringing back resolve to American soil.... Look at the other two super powers... well one and a half.... they answer to nobody.... all he is doing is making sure America is that powerhouse still.... And that needs to happen... I for one don't want to speak Mandarin

• https://www.huffpost.com/entry…_5d8a3497e4b0c2a85cb1ce0c

Nancy Pelosi Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry Into President Donald Trump

The latest news about the president’s interaction with a foreign government was the final straw.

headshot
    By Paul Blumenthal

Content loading...

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has announced a formal impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, calling his conduct “a violation of the law.”

The speaker had been the biggest obstacle to opening a full impeachment inquiry by a floor vote in the House of Representatives. She had previously argued that a fully empowered impeachment inquiry into Trump would be divisive, distract from Democrats’ agenda and force recently elected freshmen members, many in closely divided districts, to take a vote that could upset swing voters.

REAL LIFE. REAL NEWS. REAL VOICES. Help us tell more of the stories that matter from voices that too often remain unheard. Subscribe Now

But then came news that Trump pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to open an investigation into 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and the former vice president’s son Hunter Biden while withholding military aid approved for the country. This request for foreign intervention in the 2020 election, and the potential act of bribery, pushed Pelosi over the edge.

She has been led there by her caucus. After the new revelations about the president’s wrongdoing emerged, more and more Democratic lawmakers joined calls for Congress to open a full impeachment inquiry. These newly pro-impeachment lawmakers included 11 freshmen members, including a handful from districts that Trump won in 2016.

“These new allegations are a threat to all we have sworn to protect,” seven freshmen lawmakers wrote in an op-ed for The Washington Post on Tuesday. “We must preserve the checks and balances envisioned by the Founders and restore the trust of the American people in our government.”

As part of the new impeachment inquiry authority, Pelosi demanded that Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire hand over the whistleblower complaint and report on Thursday when he appears before the House Intelligence Committee.

“He will have to choose whether to break the law or honor his duty to the Constitution,” Pelosi said.

Calls for impeaching Trump began in earnest after the April 18 release of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. While the report did not find any criminal acts in Trump’s and his campaign’s efforts to encourage Russian interference in the election, it did outline multiple efforts made by the president to obstruct the investigation.

Throughout the spring and summer, Pelosi resisted calls for moving to impeach the president, including from House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), instead insisting the House continue its investigations into his wrongdoing and obstruction. But the president has so far successfully tied up Congress in the courts while engaging in an unprecedented level of noncompliance.

Trump then sought to collude with the Ukrainian government the day after Mueller’s testimony before Congress on July 24 appeared to be a flop.

The ongoing congressional investigations “may take us to a place that is unavoidable in terms of impeachment, but we’re not at that place,” Pelosi said in May. She has now reached that place.

• Israel loves Trump. They made this coin because they think he's like Cyrus the Persian and that the time to knock down the Al Aqsa mosque is near and they will soon be building the third temple. Miriam Adelson, Sheldon's wife said they should add a Torah book for Trump. He gave her a Medal of Freedom Award!

He moved the embassy, signed off on the Golan Heights, signed a $3.8 billion a year arms deal, a disastrous intel sharing agreement, the "peace deal" is being crafted by Friedman, Greenblatt, and Lord Kushner and those fellas are probably completely neutral in the matter, ignored them planting stinger spying devices around the White House, re-signed the recognition of the Noahide laws witht he Rebbe from Chabad Lubavitch.

Apparently he can get things done when it's important! MIGA!

• I didn't claim his base doesn't support him, I claimed that if I were a member of his base I would feel abandoned. I would ask hard questions, and expect fulfilled promises...his base does not. They are satisfied with tweets and speeches and a general feeling that he is sticking it to the libtards. They aren't a particularly critical bunch.

The hardcore Magapedes will always be around, but unfortunately they are all extremely old and will die off soon. He won't add any new voters, and those that were swing last time won't be this time. I doubt they will vote Dem, but it's unlikely they will bother to show up next time.

• Christ fish... He's got a WAY BETTER track record than any president in living memory as far as campaign promises go. What the fuck do you want?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this