He's losing his shit.

• Pedal.

To peddle is to sell.

Yup you're right my mistake. BTW all natives have a card in my country. it's how we tell the real from the fake and exempts you from certain taxes. But since we dont have a reserve or full status yet it doesnt do me much good,except it allows me to cross the border and live in either country.

• Sharpie-gate has been fun. It's nice to see that the Librul Media has at least some capacity for trolling.

• Yeah but it pales compared to the mountains of really funny memes from the right.

It used to be that the left had a lock on humor and the right was considered humorless. not that long ago either... now the left is the party of hysteria and meanness and hate. I don't think the right was ever that humorless.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Yeah but it pales compared to the mountains of really funny memes from the right.

It used to be that the left had a lock on humor and the right was considered humorless. not that long ago either... now the left is the party of hysteria and meanness and hate. I don't think the right was ever that humorless.

lazs

Unfortunately I can't really disagree with you here.

Humor is inversely proportional to self-righteousness. That used to be the Christian Right's domain... but now the left has constructed their own moralistic dogma. And it's just not funny.

Yesterday the wife was watching some show on hulu... where they do a 'roast' of various historical figures. It ranged from milquetoast to straight-up preachy. I really don't get why she finds that sort of thing entertaining. I just watched some Youtube.

This shit will only get worse if President Pocahontas is elected. Not because of her personally... but because the left will 'learn' that their moral panic over identity politics is a viable strategy.

Just like we 'learned' that from our historically narrow 'victory' in 2018.

Thank your fake god for the left's incompetence.

• Righteous indignation is a useful tool though. It worked during the Nixon and Reagan years when the right inflicted their bullshit onto the rest of the country. It took decades of Hate Radio though to sufficiently indoctrinate the base with a powerful combo of righteous indignation, victim-identity, and humor.

I think the Left is trying to build the same thing. And I think they're gonna fail... for structural reasons. The Left might be a large enough group, but IMO it's not cohesive enough. It's one thing to unite all white working class christian dullards under one spoon-fed ideology. Quite another to attempt the same with blacks, women, mexicans, asians, stoners, college grad professionals, feminists, atheists, gays and the like, Jews, liberal-christian dinosaurs, millennials, etc.

It's a fundamentally unworkable idea.

• Both sides are steeped in victimhood.

The right constantly cries about eeebil Librul Bias. Librul Elites. Hollywood Libruls. Antifa thugs who are magically both insanely violent... and snowflake pussies.

What's unique about the left's victimhood strategery is that they're trying to codify it. Not just a childish historical/political narrative like the right uses... the left is manufacturing a new oppression-olympics-ideology out of whole cloth. They're trying to build sortof a pseudo-scientific secular morality. It's an ambitious project, and doomed to fail imo.

I'd be interested to know if there are any good historical parallels to intrersectional-social-justice-warriorism. I'm not aware of any, and not interested ya'll nazi and/or commie anamogies unless you can make it interesting.

• Just because the right has identified the pussies and antifa of the left doesn't mean that the right identifies itself as victims.

Complaining about press bias... well there could be some victimhood there, but the right has Levin and Rush to counter.

My complaint about the press is that there doesn't seem to be a news source that idolizes Jack Webb and tells the unvarnished truth. There isn't even one who tries.

I look at Hollywood as self destructing. The very industry who decry the McCarthy blacklisting era are doing it to themselves now. Can't make a movie if you are pro-trump or have someone who accuses you of wrong-doing in years past, with or without proof. That doesn't make me a victim, just a dissatisfied former customer.

IMHO the last SJWs who were any good wrote the Declaration, the Constitution, and the Emancipation Proclamation.

• Tinyhands is losing his shit. Accidentally making a good decision here and there:

Live TV 

Trump fires John Bolton

By Zachary Cohen, Kaitlan Collins and Kevin Liptak, CNN

Updated 12:39 PM EDT, Tue September 10, 2019

Washington(CNN)President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he has asked national security adviser John Bolton to resign, noting that he "strongly disagreed with many of his suggestions as did others in the administration."

"I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning," Trump tweeted. "I thank John very much for his service. I will be naming a new National Security Advisor next week," he added.

The tweet came just one hour after the White House press office said Bolton was scheduled to appear at a Tuesday press briefing alongside Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin.

Bolton tweeted minutes after Trump's announcement, "I offered to resign last night and President Trump said, 'Let's talk about it tomorrow.'"

Bolton-Pompeo relationship hits new low as foreign policy tests mount

Trump was irked by reports that he had faced internal pushback from Bolton over his decision to host leaders of the Taliban at Camp David, multiple people familiar with his frustration say. The President announced the plans for the meeting were canceled on Saturday.

CNN reported last week that tensions between top figures on Trump's national security team had devolved into all-out hostility, creating a deep disconnect between staffers on the National Security Council, led by Bolton, and the rest of the administration, six people familiar with the matter said.

Bolton was initially brought into the administration last year to replace HR McMaster partly due to his hawkish position on Iran -- supporting Trump's exit from the Iran nuclear deal -- but he soon began to clash with the President's vision for diplomacy in North Korea and most recently on Afghanistan.

The campaign by Trump allies to push Bolton out of the administration had ramped up in recent weeks, multiple sources told CNN.

The President had received multiple phone calls and appeals to replace Bolton with someone who agreed with him more and was willing to follow through with his decisions when he didn't. This was something Trump heard since he hired Bolton — but people noticed the President's frustration with him was growing in recent weeks so they upped the pressure.

A senior administration official echoed that sentiment, telling CNN that Trump has been getting more and more irritated with Bolton over the past several months for his statements on Iran, Venezuela and now Afghanistan.

Trump no longer believed Bolton could advocate for the President's agenda, and instead felt he was harming his credibility, the official said.

Trump overruled advisers, VP on Taliban Camp David meetingTrump overruled advisers, VP on Taliban Camp David meeting

Trump also felt like Bolton wasn't a forceful enough advocate for him in the media -- and that when he did make appearances, he wasn't convincing enough, since it was evident he didn't believe in some of Trump's foreign policy goals, the source added.

Another senior administration official told CNN that White House and national security officials learned about Bolton's firing from Trump's tweet. The official described aides as frantically trying to figure things out following the tweet.

Utah Republican Sen. Mitt Romney called his departure a "huge loss" for the Trump administration and said he was "very unhappy" to learn Bolton was leaving.

"The loss of John Bolton as a senior leader in foreign policy is an extraordinary loss for our nation and for the White House," Romney told reporters, adding that he was an important voice in the room because he would take a different view.

But fellow Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, a leading Bolton critic, told CNN that "the chances of war worldwide go greatly down" with his firing.

"He has a naive view that believes we should recreate the world in our own image by toppling countries by violent overthrow and somehow democracy will prevail," Paul said about Bolton.

This story is breaking and will be updated.

View on CNN

© 2019 Cable News Network. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | AdChoices

• Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.