Soo china says it will not retaliate?

• what does that even mean? first the vice premier says he wants calm negotiations.. Then they back off the September promise of placing more tariffs on America if we place more on china?

I think china blinked.. well more than blinked.. a good book although old at this point is the coming collapse of china.

Look.. did you believe that japan would own America? don't be shy.. you seen 'Black Rain' LOL Asia needs to be slapped down but no civilized country seems willing except Trump's America.. Elect a hillary or a Dole and we are lost.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• ready for your tax increase?

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them at will whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established. - President Jefferson Davis

• Fuck's sake- Tinyhands has already 'blinked' by postponing a slew of his tariffs until December.

And for good reason... he frankly doesn't have much political capital to work with. He's in no position to demand a trade deal from Xi. An army of lawyers and millions of dollars at the ready has always given him the upper hand when dealing- for instance- with contractors that he doesn't want to pay. So he *thinks* this makes him an amazing negotiator... since he's always been able to buy the result he wants.

International trade deals are a whole different animal. His millions and his army of lawyers mean jack shit to a man like Xi.

• That's not a proposition that I'd necessarily argue against. But what *I* think isn't important here. What's important is what Xi thinks.

Do you think Xi is a koolaid-drinking teabilly?

• https://www.zerohedge.com/mark…st-ends-bonds-bullion-bid

Yuan Crashes Most In 25 Years As August Ends With Bonds & Bullion Bid

Well that was quite a month...

High(Low)lights...

• China's Renminbi suffered its biggest monthly loss since 1994
    • EM FX tumbled to a record low, worst month in a year
    • US Treasury yields plunged in August by most since Sept 2011 (to record low yields at the long-end)
    • US Yield Curve flattened most in August since Jan 2016 (to its flattest since 2007)
    • Bund yields tumbled 26 bps to record lows - the biggest monthly drop since June 2016 (Brexit vote)
    • Treasury 'VIX' spiked most in August since May 2009
    • Iron Ore Futures (Singapore) suffered their worst month ever...
    • Gold has the best August dollar gains since Feb 2016
    • Silver had best August percentage gain since June 2016 (Brexit vote)

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• And it rooked rike brack rain!!!

I honestly think that there will be an assassination attempt on Trump. this would not be that great for the left since Pence would take over but... they are stirring up the whack jobs to the boiling point.

Iron is correct in that the left is imploding. They lost in 2016 because they had a very unlikeable candidate who called half the nation deplorables... Now they have nothing but unlikeable candidates who hate all the some voters that ousted hillary.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• sic semper tyrannis

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them at will whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established. - President Jefferson Davis

• it is more than trade. the chinese want to push the us navy out of the western pacific. the us wants to protect it's interest and allies. it has got the makings of a war unless the chinese economy emplodes and the communist party is swept aside. it is better than going to war against them. i think it is a good tactic