AR Thread

• Case ejection is often a good indicator of load strength but not always. There are so many powders out there and bullet types that it is kinda useless these days unless you know what the factory load is.

I Use IMR 4895 on all my rifle loads which makes it easier. it is the preferred powder for the M1 but works well in most calibers like the .223 and 8mm and my .270 Not quite the ultimate powder for any of them but very close to the best for all of em.

lazs

with the a1 sporter if the empties ended up to the right more than the empties from factory or milsurp ammo you knew the loads getting hot. the a2 with its case deflecter wasn't a good indication . a common complaint with the m16 and a1 i heard from nz vietnam vet lefties was the brass come close and even hit them in the face. i guesse that is why colt put the case deflecter on the upper.

i'm a lefty and i use to get mug full of hot brass with my m1 carbines. it doesn't help you to shoot straight

• ha. you are such bum chums with the yanks and you still don't know the first amendment . back to school for you.

i am in new zealand and there is no first amendment. i crated one, it's called i will say what ever the fuck i want too

• Miniature one. No I don't hunt but I have plenty of bolt guns for that. What I do is plink that is correct. At various ranges and targets. mostly soda cans.. I do love killing soda cans and ground squirrels. The little red dot works pretty good on a moving gopher actually. The other thing I do is take new people out shooting. I like to have a variety of guns for them to try.... never know what they will like.

I am not in a militia or any of that so no need to get tooooo tacticool for me. I can shoot pretty well when I run into one tho.

As for defense.... I figure it will be something quick and short range and with a handgun. This is probly the most likely thing that is dangerous any of us will face in our lifetime. It may be dark. it may be that you can't see or don't have time to use the sights. I like my guns to point well. Was showing the kids some hip shooting stuff the other day. Not near as good as I used to be but still pretty darn good under 25 yards. I am not fast but fast enough and accurate.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Not saying that it is not fun for you to do the tacticool thing... any shooting is good. Just saying that I have two semi auto .223 guns... a mini and an AR. Have worked on a few for others. mad minute and mag dump stuff is sorta fun once in a while but it is more fun for me to shoot a variety of guns in a day.

lazs

• I don't quite understand why you think you need to explain this. You say virtually all of it on a regular basis. I don't see how me saying, "For what you do, that should be fine." is even remotely implying any of that to not be true. Why does it seem like you're trying to argue with me about it?

• Picking fights is one of his favorite past times. He calls it conversation but whatever.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Lets be fair here miniature one... what you really said after you said it would be fine.. did sound...........a tad......snide....

"If all you're doing is plinking with them, which is what you sound like you're about most of the time, then why would you need anything else? You don't seem to care for the scope stuff... Keep it mostly under 100 yards... like shooting lots of rounds. You know... the stuff you tell us you do.

If you're going for a scope, or a hunting setup, or something more tactical... then you'd be wanting to modify or get a new build going."

This in no way seemed like you were well aware of what I was doing or why. it seemed.. slightly? snide. Like I had no idea about hunting or 'tactical' I actually did quite a bit of hunting in the past.. just not now.. so I may know as much about what is needed for said sport as the next guy. You in no way acted like you knew that self defense for me is about the things I just told you.. this took me many thousands of rounds to learn.

Do you.............hunt.......with an AR? Do you belong to a militia or expect to use your AR against trained government forces? I am being practical here. I like to take young people shooting cause they can be valuable allies in the future. I like to take family members because I 'train' them to face the most likely threats they will ever encounter (in a fun way) I can do stuff a lot of shooters can't.. a lot of shooters can do stuff I can't.. in practical terms? I think I have chosen wisely. Maybe I am wrong. time will tell.

Point is.. everyone wants to shoot an AR... I have one.. they get to shoot one.. believe it or not? it is never the most popular gun of the day.

lazs

• Ok.. razer.. picking fights is indeed something I enjoy.. especially when someone tells me something I know about guns or..............ammo......is not true.

At that point? grinding their bones into dust is ...........satisfying. It is also valuable.. I bet you told the lovely mrs razer that ...........maybe..........wearing that leather coat? might not protect her from gunfire? am I wrong?

lazs

• LOL! Lazs... that was in reply to you still feeling the need to argue with me agreeing with you. Excuse me if that came off as snide, but there's only so much of you being an ass that a person really should tollerate. See... that was snide too.

• BTW lazs... everything I said that you feel was "snide" was exactly what you followed up with as if you needed to say the same thing to prove you're right about something by saying the exact same thing a little differently. It gets old. You have to do that in every thread. I'm done explaining how I wasn't arguing with you.

• Well... lets be honest here.... I think we know that you and I have that in common miniature one. most can only tolerate only so much of either of us being an ass.

lazs

• Don’t you mean dork?

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• LOL razer.. you caught us both.. I have actually spent an afternoon with the miniature one. I am loud and obnoxious and he is pissy.. We did not get along well.. He is no dummy.. he is a smart guy.. our personalities just clashed in a pretty big way. he might frame it different but it is that simple.. fun fact.. beet was there! as were many AH people you may not know?

lazs

• Damn the economy and all these damn bonuses:

https://palmettostatearmory.co…kit-w-mbus-sight-set.html

Dam, I like it. But if I had the extra coin laying around I'd jump on this deal right here.

https://palmettostatearmory.co…tforce-scope-bf18571.html

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• I thought about doing an AR pistol. Decided I wouldn't have much use for it. Guess you could always add a stock for an illegally short rifle if the ship hits the sand.