AR Thread

• i never had a problem with mr ar15s. they were colt. worked flawlessly even with vietnam era magazines.. aluminium followers. $7 from numich arms.

the last 15 i had was stag arms. no carry handle and chambered for .223 instead of 5.56mm. no flash hider. worked ok. but it is hard to beat an early colt carbine in 5.56. i use to shoot rabbits with it unscoped. awesome little rifle

• I qualified expert with the -a2 several times. Never had an issue.

The -60 on the other hand was a royal pain in the ass.

Training weapons are like that. Gives you the opportunity to fix it while not being shot at.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I still have my range card...somewhere...

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• using the ar15 i found you needed to use fast burning powder to keep fouling to a minumin ,when reloading. allways watch where the empties end up on the a1 compared to military ball it tells you wheather youre loads are week or hot

on the a2 with it's case deflecter you just have to be carfull when working up a load

• if you had an ar back then yuou had bullseyey on yer back.the cops hated that the general population was better armed than them.they wanted the ar banned. the crown were control freaks

now. i don'nt know. i wouldnt fight for this pissant socoilist country.they have taking everthing from me including my dignity.fuck them

• Case ejection is often a good indicator of load strength but not always. There are so many powders out there and bullet types that it is kinda useless these days unless you know what the factory load is.

I Use IMR 4895 on all my rifle loads which makes it easier. it is the preferred powder for the M1 but works well in most calibers like the .223 and 8mm and my .270 Not quite the ultimate powder for any of them but very close to the best for all of em.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I have one more Anderson lower to build around. Don't know if I wanna go as cheap as the last one. Can tell the difference between it and the Springfield I have.

• Miniature one.. what shooting is it that you think I do? you may be right but.. seriously.. I do not shoot in matches.. I do not practice for the coming overthrow of the government. I have many high caliber guns that I can use for various purposes

I have two .223 guns.. that to me............is all I need?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• If all you're doing is plinking with them, which is what you sound like you're about most of the time, then why would you need anything else? You don't seem to care for the scope stuff... Keep it mostly under 100 yards... like shooting lots of rounds. You know... the stuff you tell us you do.

If you're going for a scope, or a hunting setup, or something more tactical... then you'd be wanting to modify or get a new build going.