UK dumped free college

• Yeah... I noticed how fast the initial token amounts charged skyrocketed. I guess too many with doctorates making happy faces in the foam for customers convinced the brits that college may not be for everyone after all.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• The amount that is 'free' should be based on ones grades, imho. The better the grade the less you pay back but some of it should be paid back. Just barely graduate and pay the full amount.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• That sounds great. Imagine a woke professor grading papers and deciding how to grade an opinion paper. No pressure on the content, right? It's only money.

• Mexican Americans.........take spanish.........and get a B....

lazs

Friend in high school was from France and he was lucky to get a C- in French class.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• My brother took so many french classes that french people could not understand him.

The mexican American thing was a nod to a cheech and chong song in a movie

lazs

• Schools here taught Parisian French which isn't the French spoken here in Kanuckistan.

• Same thing here---in high school they taught Castilian Spanish, when all you would ever run into was beaners from Mexico

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• Took 3 years of German, what a waste of time that was. Should have taken Spanish.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• I am kinda sorta assimilating spanish/mexican. I do have a rosseta stone course but most of my mex friends say it is wrong.. LOL... I will probly never run into a spaniard. it is probly best to learn mexican.

The same can be said for australlian and english.. new people should learn American.

lazs

• Friend in high school was from France and he was lucky to get a C- in French class.

Ya I was the same way,they made me do the final exam,the only person in my class to do so. Teacher never spoke a word of english to me and I never spoke a word of french back to her. At the end she asked,in french of course,if I desevered to pass her class and I said YES as I understood everything she said but didnt speak Parisian french.

She gave me a 75 grade....LOL.

• Had a Hispanic friend I worked with at the PO for over 30 years. Texas Valley Mexican. Miguel would go ballistic when these Mezkins came in and started with their Hybrid Spanish. He actually told one at the window that if you are going to speak spanish, at least try and speak it correctly. Rosetta Stone teaches proper Spanish (Espaina), not gutter speak.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• I live in a community that is about 50% spanish/mex speakers.. what we end up with is a hybrid mex/english.. that is good for everyone .. think...........Blade Runner.........think........Firefly It is healthy to incorporate words from all languages and make them popular.. most mex's here will say "OK" or "yes" to things I will say "gracias" or "bueno" or a few others..

The tower of babble needs to be torn down.

lazs

• Well, when I worked at the busiest Station in deep South Austin, every friday the Illegals would come in and get their international Money Orders for Mexico, because they were always paid in cash. I had a heck of a time understanding some of them, so I told one who spoke english to have them write down every MO they wanted so there would be no errors. And every Friday they would all gather in front of "My" window with them all having little slips of paper. I could whip those MO's out faster than anyone else, and every late Fall they would disappear, and every spring they would show back up. Kinda miss those times.

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :