Good movies anybody?

• the last movie i saw at a theatre was one of the lame polce acadamy movies back in 1980s.

i was robbed of an hour and a half of my life sitting through that shite.

the first movie i ever saw on the big screen was kelly's heroes back in 1970 at the starlight in papakura. awesome movie and brilliant sound track.

went and saW DIRTY HARRY WHEN IT CAME OUT IN ABOUT 1970 OR 71. NO HALL MONITERS OR DO GOODERS BACK THEN. I WAS 8 OR 9. NO R RATINGS SO TO SPEAK.

• RkiKtAH.gif

He's a moron.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I think the first movie I ever saw that wasn't a Disney/matinee was Patton, Kelly's Heroes either soon before or after

"Where there is a free press the governors must live in constant awe of the opinions of the governed," Lord Macaulay

• Sicario.

Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin, Benicio Del Toro.

Denis Villeneuve.

I never realized just how like Afghanistan the US/Mexico border is...

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” - Abraham Lincoln

Paraphrased from his 1838 speech at the Young Men’s Lyceum of Springfield, Illinois.

• The Babysitter: Killer Queen, on Netflix. This is the sequel to The Babysitter, another great movie. In this one they practically ditch the horror aspects of the original, crank up the campiness factor, and make it a lot funnier.

The story is pretty simple: A bunch of devil worshippers try to sacrifice a virgin in order to get one wish from the devil. And after the kid stops his evil Babysitter and her friends from enacting their ritual, the bodies all seem to disappear causing everyone around the kid to call him crazy. Several years later, the kid and his girl-friend from down the block who helped kill the devil worshippers, go off on a party trip. But the demons are back, and trying to sacrifice him again!

• Sicario, any good?

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Sicario, any good?

I thought it was pretty good... some of the things that go on make ya think...

also tends to explains how the cartels are makin mince meat out the mexican army

Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

• Yes. Sicario was very good. Denis Villeneuve really knows how to build tension and that menacing atmosphere.

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” - Abraham Lincoln

Paraphrased from his 1838 speech at the Young Men’s Lyceum of Springfield, Illinois.

• Sicario II is what they a watching. And yes, anything Josh Brolin is worth watching.

It happened again, a completely coherent post.

Ok, who hacked his account?

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• In Sicario during the infamous border shootout, you can see the US "operator" in the front passenger seat with the coke bottle glasses, has forgotten that his bolt/carrier is locked back on an empty magazine in a couple of shots. Ha ha, and ha. Start at 2:20

• Yeah, Larry Vickers also pointed that out. Also, I see little point in holding the gun up to the eye like that unless you're using a magnified optic to observe.

I forgive them for small mistakes like that. The film was great.

• I should watch that Vickers video I guess.

Same deal here, really good film, I often wonder if the stunt coordinators leave stuff like this in just to have videos/etc made about the little errors after the film comes out. More likely an actor that just doesn't know what he's doing, but still, there seems to be something like that in nearly every film that involves rifles/handguns in a large way.

Larry Vickers bought himself one of the new Porsche 718 Spyders. Guy is into WW2 tanks and cars.

edit - out in the open having the stock collapsed and the optic right against your noodle is stupid, but maybe the shot through the camera doesn't show how close that muzzle is to the window. Only explanation I could think of for doing it is that, but even that, much better off moving your body/seat/whatever to get a shoulder weld and sight picture than collapsing the stock all the way and having your coke bottle goggles mating with your Eotech. Looks like a 14.5 or so upper, one of the HK416 D10RS rifles would fit in the front seat spot a lot better, which is what the CAG unit who the guys in the film are supposed to be usually have when working out of vehicles.

• I think it is more of a scheduling problem. The military advisors aren't available to be on set all the time. They do their advising and then the actors and film crew do their thing, and they make mistakes.