Good movies anybody?

• The Kid Detective was a very well done movie. It's a great glimpse of "glory days" syndrome and recovering from them. It's well written, well acted and the story is great.

Save Yourselves! is a movie about a millenial couple and aliens. It is simple, well done and gets at the crux of the modern connected pitfalls. The lead actors were perfect.

• Godzilla vs. King Kong. It was fun enough. The only thing I didn't like was a change from the previous movies. There the giant monsters almost seemed slow and lumbering. Like you could tell that they had a lot of mass and inertia. That all went out the window with this one. Godzilla, Kong (and others) now zipped around like it was nothing. All sense of the size and damage was just gone.

I liked it. But I was a bit disappointed that the lead actor in the last 2 was basically demoted to a couple cameos.

• Couple of movies with Willem Defoe.... The first is 'Streets of Fire' that is sexy and dark and action packed with a timeline that makes no sense (on purpose) it might be set in the 50's or the 60's or whatever. One of the few movies that is set in NY that I like. Really interesting sound track.

The other is a real intense one called "To Live and Die in LA" Los Angeles. A buddy cop movie that is not a buddy or cop movie. They are treasury agents and not at all buddies. One of the best chase scenes where the guy gets on the northbound freeway going southbound. The movie gets more and more intense as the agent(s) go farther and farther off the rails. You realize that the agent in charge is not the nice guy you want but a sociopath. His partner has almost a nervous breakdown just hanging with him. You keep waiting for them to get out of the hole they have dug for themselves.

Kind of an ultimate anti hero movie made in the 80's

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• 'Streets of Fire' is one of the most unusual and fun to watch action movies I have seen. Most of it takes place at night in sleazy places with biker gangs just jumping their Pans over loading docks and doing crazy shit. Very cool cars and sexy shit along with a really hard old school rock soundtrack Custom cars and guns. NEVER a dull moment. I actually bought the movie on DVD years ago.

One daytime scene is dozens of bikers in the gang going across some NY bridge (very period bikes) And to settle things they have a fight with sledgehammers...

The 'hero' is a war vet just released... I am thinking Korea. He beats a group of thugs/car clubbers almost to death and takes their 51 Merc total cherry red custom bad ass convertible to use. The cops use in some scenes.... 48 Studebakers and in others 58 Fords.. The bikes might be 80" flatheads or 62 panheads.... The guns are strange and cool.

lazs

• Here is the trailer which is pretty good. if you have not seen this movie? you need to.

lazs

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ok... to get storch to say something I like is a good movie is quite the compliment.

lazs

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• here is the insane chase scene in TLDLA The agent is a total rush junkie sociopath that you think is invincible.

lazs

• External Content youtu.be

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.”

―Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

• Curly... that was number three in my Willem Defoe group. He is one talented fag.

Sooo.. I bought an 82 Impala highway patrol car. back then there was nothing but smogged out POS cars for sale. Put Bilstien shocks and great tires on it. I think that even the cop cars only had like 220 HP for the 350 but it was 'robust' HP... been told that it was more like 300 Thing hauled ass. We once drove it to Canada without stopping for anything other than gas the whole way. I think it would do like 135MPH and it really handled.. was one of the first power steering cars I drove that had "feel" My ex got two tickets in one month for going "85 mph plus in a 55 zone"

lazs

• My mexicans favorite movie was Boondock Saints. When she got ill with the brain tumor and I had to find stuff to make things better between chemo and radiation and doctor appt... I would just put in the DVD or Boondock Saints. Sometimes it would be like a new movie to her and she would say "I really like that movie"

lazs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!