Good movies anybody?

• The Canadian army in WW1 pretty much threatened to take their ball and go home, unless they could be put under their own command instead of British retarded generals. Once that happened, the 4 divisions of Canadians pretty much broke the back of the German army at Vimy and Passchendaele. They paid a heavy price, but were among the first troops to really accomplish an objective and get through German lines. 10,600 casualties at Vimy (3500 or so dead), and 15,600 at Passch, with about 4000 dead. The Germans took much heavier loses, plus 12,000+ prisoners between the two actions.

Anyhow, the Canadian army was able to perform much, much better under its own command than when under the British command, certainly better than the other troops unfortunate enough to be under those generals.

• Most of the WW1 generals ought have been hanged in public

Not Monash though, he was one of the Generals that "got it"

the true role of infantry was not to expend itself upon heroic physical effort, not to wither away under merciless machine-gun fire, not to impale itself on hostile bayonets, but on the contrary, to advance under the maximum possible protection of the maximum possible array of mechanical resources, in the form of guns, machine-guns, tanks, mortars and aeroplanes; to advance with as little impediment as possible; to be relieved as far as possible of the obligation to fight their way forward.

1918: Australians in France - General Sir John Monash | Australian War Memorial (awm.gov.au)

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• Frozen Stupid on Amazon. It was filmed here in my home town. It's exactly like it is here in the winter. This whole town is full of morons.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Here ya go. Combat

If you watch on youtube. A whole playlist full of em

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Here ya go. Combat

If you watch on youtube. A whole playlist full of em

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Been watching combat on my majic box almost done season 2,3 or 4 episodes left to the season.

Watching the credits tells me why it was such a good series,some great directors and producers put that show together.About half way through season 2 they put Vic Morrow as lead star and Rick Jason played second fiddle.

• In most cases unless they are in a static situation, They were always moving forward. Thats what graves registration was for.

However. Whenever they could they would bring the soldiers back as is depicted in another fantastic movie where actual veterans were used alot

"The Story of G.I. Joe" as seen through the eyes of war correspondent Ernie Pyle
    Made during the war and with the co operation of Pyle. He never got to see the film as he was KIA in the invasion of Okinawa.

"In 2009, it was named to the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress for being "culturally, historically or aesthetically" significant"

• Did someone say G.I. Joe?

External Content youtu.be

• External Content youtu.be

• Can’t wait to see that one. John Wick and Rambo all rolled into one guy.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Well shit....

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!