Good movies anybody?

• Just finished Greyhound, not a long movie, was great.

Yup.

As sick as I am of Tom Hanks and that stupid face he makes in EVERY movie he's been in for the last twenty years, I have to say that Greyhound was a pretty good flick. I signed up for the free week of Apple to watch it and am glad I did.

• Not sure about the budget thing. Ferrari spent huge amounts every year so by the time Ford got in Ferrari had years of expensive development in real racing. Ford more or less started from scratch. One thing tho.. the windshields would crack on the Fords so Ford had a plane fly in an extra dozen.

lazs

Good article on the movie you would probably appreciate.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news…stunning-cars-and-crashes

• Hyperdrive, a series on Netflix has been fun to watch today.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Watching the Hannah series and the nature of it reminded me of the '08 movie Wanted. Been 12 years so rented it for 3 or 4 bucks and started watching tonight. Great flick.

• I didn't catch it watching Guardians of the Galaxy until I just watched part of Wanted but I think they alluded to this scene even though Chris Pratt wasn't in the scene. He was in the movie.

• Tell ya what not to watch. There is a series on Youtube called "Tasting History" where he allegedly recreates food from history to see what it actually tasted like. Problem is. The guy and the show is a fraud because he either, 1- doesn't us the same ingredients, or 2 - alters the recipe so much that in either case the finished product couldn't possibly taste the same as it did say in Rome in the year 355 A.D.

• Watching the Hannah series and the nature of it reminded me of the '08 movie Wanted. Been 12 years so rented it for 3 or 4 bucks and started watching tonight. Great flick.

Wanted is such an odd film, for me. I really enjoy everything about it except the complete and total lack of understanding physics and acceleration. Not bending the rules... completely ignoring them. Swinging a gun does not curve a bullet. Curving something without a continuous force is impossible. It is how curves and acceleration work. Even though that grates on me all the way through the movie... I love the movie.

Chris Pratt getting his teeth knocked out is also a great scene.

• Watched a drifting competition on Netflix, the entire first season, couldn’t stop.

Onky one season of it so we started watching Ultimate Beastmaster. I’d like to try it myself.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Wanted is such an odd film, for me. I really enjoy everything about it except the complete and total lack of understanding physics and acceleration. Not bending the rules... completely ignoring them. Swinging a gun does not curve a bullet. Curving something without a continuous force is impossible. It is how curves and acceleration work. Even though that grates on me all the way through the movie... I love the movie.

Chris Pratt getting his teeth knocked out is also a great scene.

That's how I feel about Wanted too - obvious huge suspension of disbelief involved so far as ballistics/whatever, but man is a great film. Even with Angelina the homewrecking x4 whore in it, seeing her sprawling around on the hood of the Viper was a great sequence. I tried to get the missus to pose on our old Viper for some pics back when Wanted came out - she declined in a very negative manner, no idea why.

• It is heavily implied that they are magic users, but air resistance is a force.

Ummm... so? Rifle that ball and what happens? It straightens out. Wind is a force too. It can curve the bullet. That has nothing to do with Wanted. the whole premise is that swinging your arm curves a bullet... to the point it can actually reverse direction in a full circle. There's no amount of "what about..." that can fix that.

Curve balls are simple physics. One side of the ball spins faster than the other. Different air speeds give different pressures on either side of the ball. Anyone who's flown sim or real life should understand that.

• Badlands on Netflix. There's two hours I'll never get back.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this