Good movies anybody?

• 4 seasons.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• 1917?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I intend to. Thanks.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Edge of Darkness. Holy cow that was good. Just finished it on Amazon Prime.

• I was trying to find something to watch on Netflix and stumbled across "Medical Police". I saw the title and thought, "WTF?" It prompted me to watch the trailer for it. I ended up binging the whole first season yesterday. I have to give them credit for hooking me with the ridiculousness of the title.

• I caught a few movies on the HBO weekend.

John Wick 3. Good one, as expected.

Bad Times at El Royale. I knew it would be weird going in, and I almost abandoned it, but it was worth watching through til the end.

Godzilla: King of Monsters. Not too much meat, but if Godzilla fights the other monsters, then you don't need too much meat.

Hellboy. The new one, a reboot. It got panned, but I actually liked it. While the prosthetic make up for the main character was bad, everything else was great. One big difference: the original coddled up to the PG-13 rating, this one does all it can to earn the Hard R rating. MORE violence, gore, monster chopping, people chopping, and cursing. All missing from the original.

Mortal Engines. A little light and predictable, but entertaining. Basically in the wildlands, City States have emerged from some sort of cataclysmic event. But the Cities are GIANT tanks that scavenge and "eat" other Tank Cities in order to survive. But the biggest City (London), decides to break through the wall between the wildlands, and the green environmentalist zone to get their resources.

Kin. This is a weird one, and came out of left field. Basically an orphan kid and his adoptive brother find a future-tech laser rifle, and must escape from his family, from mobsters who want the gun, and from two future soldiers who are trying to find the rifle. BIG twist at the end, with the movie setting up a very different sequel. If it gets greenlit.

• Bad Times at El Royale was good- I visited that place once upon a time. John Wick 3 was a video game, and an easy one at that. Boring after ten minutes. Hellboy was stupid... I lasted eight minutes.

One I saw recently I liked was The Lucky Ones- not too bad. It was about transitions, and was actually pretty good.

I have Netflix and Medical Police will be on my watch list based upon MiniD's recommendation.

Oh- I saw a couple episodes of Warriors on Cinemax. Looked good if you like westerns- I thought it was good.