Good movies anybody?

• Newish movie: Happy Death Day 2 U. The sequel to Happy Death Day.

Happy Death Day was about a mean and bitchy sorority girl getting stuck in a groundhog's day time loop as someone murders her over and over again, and she has to figure out who it is.

Happy Death Day 2 U has the same cast of characters, and setting. Basically it turns out that one of the ancillary characters from the first was messing around with a Quantum Mechanics Field Generator, and started the time fuckery. But trying to fix it all by fixing the generator causes further fuckery. It sounds repetitive, but it's not. It works and is very funny at times. Great movie.

• The Book of Eli.

I could watch that movie 50 times ina row

Yeah, that was a good one.

23 hours... was that the one about Libya? I liked it. I thought the idiot from The Office did a really good job outside of his element... this was before Jack Ryan.

Super Troopers... if you haven't seen this yet, you are an awful jackass.

Soaked In Bleach... Courtney Love had Kurt Cobain killed. Great documentary about the case, even if you couldn't care less about the principles.

The Cold Blue... HBO documentary about B-17's in WWII. I don't think it had any info any of us would find new, but it was really well done. Aircrew interviews combined with archival footage.

My Wife's picks are... the new "It" movies. She's a horror buff... I think that shit is stupid. YMMV

• Just got done watching Paddle to Seattle: Journey Through the Inside Passage... or something to that effect.

Two guys kayak 1300 miles from Alaska to Seattle. Good scenery and some mildly humorous parts. Worth having on in the background.

• Iron.... watched that WW2 one. it was really good I thought. for most who really know history it kinda skimmed stuff but it had to I guess. I would think people who did not know much about WW2 (yeah.. they exist) would like it and learn a lot.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Flashdance. One of my favs. Everything good about the '80s distilled down to a movie... Won Oscars and shit.

A young woman works as an industrial welder by day and as an exotic dancer at night, but dreams about being accepted into a prestigious dance academy.

Like half a dozen dancers plus the actress payed the main character. Some really great music and dance numbers.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.” -- Ayn Rand

• say no to Hollywood as it is a pinko infested cesspool of pedophiles & various other nondescript deviants

Im no doc, ya flea bitten varmint. Im Riff Raff Sam, the riffiest riff whoever riffed a raff

• Some of my favorite films are independent films and non-American films. Actually I struggle to think of a Hollyweird film from the last 10 years I really liked.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.” -- Ayn Rand

• Didn't she die young or something?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Some of my favorite films are independent films and non-American films. Actually I struggle to think of a Hollyweird film from the last 10 years I really liked.

There are some really good ones out there... you just have to wade through so much shit to get to them. The main problem these days is that movie reviewers are more concerned with messages than film quality... so finding the good ones must be done by other means. A couple of recent movies that were really well done are "Wind River" and "The Art of Self Defense". They're both well written compelling stories, well cast, well directed and well acted.

I can't stand looking at the Academy Award nominations anymore. It has to be about either Hollywood or homosexuality to stand a chance... and they're willing to skimp on story/acting to meet that criteria.

• Another that I really liked from 2014 was "St Vincent". There are good ones out there. They're just buried below the thick layer of scum.

• Another that I really liked from 2014 was "St Vincent"

That was the Bill Murray one right?

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.