Good movies anybody?

• Jack Ryan Season 2 was pretty good.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• "Fighting with my Family." It's about a family of Wrestling ultra-fans who start up a professional wrestling circuit in England, and get a tryout for their adult children with the WWE. It's a true story, and the movie was great.

"Overlord." American Paratroopers in the invasion of Normandy are tasked with blowing up a radio tower pre-beach invasion. But they discover Nazi medical experiments beneath the tower, where the Nazi scientists are creating zombies. This one isn't a true story, but was a lot of fun to watch.

"Anna and the Apocalypse." A musical about High Schoolers in England singing about their problems. And then the Zombie Apocalypse begins. This one isn't literally true, but it's a metaphor for the muslim invasion of England. Cute movie, but it seemed to be missing the stuff that would make it great like Shaun of the Dead.

• wait... "Overlord" was not based on a true story? well.... you fucked up that one for me. what am I gonna do with all this ammo?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• That's not true. I'm watching it right now and the guys are laughing so hard they're crying... Or maybe they're just crying. Hmm...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• I'm watching it too.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• As well...

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Go and report back forthwith!

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Debriefing at 0800, central.

• Disney+ (web streaming).

So far it's the best scifi series in many, many years. Decades even.

For those who are not Star Wars geeks, the Mandalorians are a race of space Vikings or space Spartans; a tribal warrior culture known for their distinctive armor. They were all but wiped out in the Clone Wars having been the genetic template for the clones. Boba Fett was a clone of Jango Fett, a Mandalorian.

Jango_Fett.png

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."