Good movies anybody?

• Yeah... rather watch the grand kids discover stuff. alas.... I am too old. Oh... Janice did plant some roses. what is funny is that roses are not particularly aromatic... ever notice that?

lazs

I can't smell much anymore but I do recall roses had a nice fragrance.

• Watched this,wasnt quite as good as I hoped but the spits were cool. No mention of the spitXII the first griffon powered spit and IIRC there were no clipped wing 14's during WW2.

By early 1945 most Mk. XIV had clipped wings due to problems with skin wrinkling at high speed. Even the earlier Mk. XII were mostly clipped.

Supermarine_Spitfire_F_Mk_XIIs_of_41_Sqn.jpg

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• By early 1945 most Mk. XIV had clipped wings due to problems with skin wrinkling at high speed. Even the earlier Mk. XII were mostly clipped.

Supermarine_Spitfire_F_Mk_XIIs_of_41_Sqn.jpg

Ya I knew the 12's were clipped but most the 14's werent,they were for high alt use so it doesnt make sense. IIRC they were clipped for the most part post war.

Still all in all there were some nice pix of the spit and I really like were that AtA woman signed "her" plane for the second time,at 100 yo no less! I guess I expected more of a development bio on the spit,what changes were made to the different Marks and of course what changes and series of merlin/griffons were used. Some of the guncam footage was great to see,I know they didnt shoot any better than I can....LMAO.

• The spit was a great short range fighter in a uro war where ranges were short. Americans and japs had to think a bit differently.

Corsairs and Hellcats landed on carriers with two or more cylinders shot off. p47's took massive amounts of ground fire and decimated convoys with low level EIGHT 50 cal straffing.

The 51 was a better version of the spit and as such an one trick pony ........pardon the pun

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• She died yesterday, in case you didn't read the link.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• This one I'll be watching at X-mas with someone who has also watched it umpteen times.

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it."

Sir Terry Pratchett   :poof

• Fuck Jerry. And rap music.

• Three stooges, Laurel and Hardy yes, Jerry Lewis no way.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• Saw the production model of the "Lewis and Clark" when I visited the film and miniatures museum in France last year...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• never could dance... if my legs worked better tho.... I might take tango lessons....

A strange movie that was one I come back to was 'what do do in denver when you are dead'

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• He said do do.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• never could dance... if my legs worked better tho.... I might take tango lessons....

A strange movie that was one I come back to was 'what do do in denver when you are dead'

lazs

Things to do in Denver when you're dead.

I liked that one.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.