Good movies anybody?

• The whole point of Jack Ryan was he was an Everyman (think Cary Grant) thrust into various nightmares, who ended up fighting, killing people, etc. THAT Jack Ryan fucked up his knee in basic, never went anywhere in the Marines.

• The whole point of Jack Ryan was he was an Everyman (think Cary Grant) thrust into various nightmares, who ended up fighting, killing people, etc. THAT Jack Ryan fucked up his knee in basic, never went anywhere in the Marines.

You need to re-read. He was in a helo crash in the novels too. The portion about the boy wasn't in them, though.

Clancy still had Jack Ryan saving the royal prince himself... then lecturing him afterwards. He had several instances of incredibility with him.

This is one of the more believable characters I've seen in any of the Jack Ryan stories. Easily. Not even close.

Clark is also one of the best portrayed characters in any Jack Ryan series.

I've read them all... through him becoming president. Clancy got painful once he left tech and got into politics. It doesn't surprise me that few here will get that, though.

• You're mis-portraying it. Jack Ryan didn't "lecture" the royal prince. He gave a lecture on Naval History that the prince attended. Jack Ryan wasn't an action star, he was a freaking professor. In Patriot Games, when he intervened in the IRA hit on the royals, he got his ass shot in the process. And he almost died.

But they're using him like he's a Green Navy Beret Delta Seals guy:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At least THIS season looks somewhat like they used a Clancy book: Clear and Present danger.

• That dude used to sell copier toner in Scranton.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• I'm going to see this one tomorrow. I'll let you know...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Fucking hell. You'd better at least get a blow job out of it.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• I'm going to see this one tomorrow. I'll let you know...

External Content youtu.be

Trailer reminds me of The Wicker Man.

• This is a horror flick... Pagan rituals and human sacrifice stuff... And for some strange reason all my female friends did not want to see it.

Well apparently none of them were willing to give up sex to see it than. This may not be the case for your male friends...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!