Good movies anybody?

• I liked "Mr Right" also. The pace and humor kept me interested. It's a movie I can have on in the background.

I liked aspects of "Bad Times at the El Royale". A few too many script twists, though. They could have done more with it... and a little less in some spots. I'd go with 6/10 on that too.

One movie I find myself watching over and over again is "American Ultra". I like the pace and humor once again. It's also got one of the best love-story subplots in any movie I've seen. It might be the only movie I liked Kristen Stewart in.

I binged "The Boys" on Friday. It is a solid series, though it might not be able to help jumping the shark in the next season.

I also binged "Another Life". This one just goes too millenial. It kind of reminds me of the scientists from "prometheus" who were too stupid to be useful. These are all kids that seem to have no real scientific knowledge or sense. Their exploring of alien planets is simply the dumbest sequence of events I've ever seen and make no sense for anything other than plot twists. And... I loved Katee Sakhoff in "Battlestar Galactica", but she started to get too reactionary and emotional in "Longmire". They continue with the reactionary and over emotional theme in "Another Life".

"Bright" is another movie I love to have on in the background. It didn't get very good reviews and I just can't figure out why. I really enjoyed it. I just noticed they have a "Bright 2" in development.

"Jack Ryan Season 2" also has a trailer. I have a bit of a man crush on John Krasinsky.

• Monte Walsh (1970 version)

Lee Marvin, Jeanne Moreau, Jack Palance

"An aging cowboy realizes that the West he knew and loved will soon be no more--and that there will be no room for him, either"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You’re recommending that movie? It looked juvenile in the previews so I stayed away.

However comma I might rethink that now.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• That explains a lot.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I really like Westerns. I actually even liked Cowboys vs Aliens. The latest Magnificent 7 was a real fun movie to watch too.

Slow West is one you guys should check out. 'Bone Tomahawk' is probly one of the best in ages but very very dark. The Hateful 8 is right up there with some of the best Tarantino stuff too.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Any inaccuracies in that film were so minor that I did not notice...

If you thought him going to the gun store was boring there is no help for you.

lazs

• I am drinking a beer and ...well...watering the grass... You might find 'Slow West' to be slow too... check it out and tell me.

Seriously tho... you didn't like the gun store scene? he actually did buy all the weapons in that scene.

lazs

• It was neat, but it didn't make the whole movie.

The movie was accurate, no debate there. The movie was slow.

Here's the thing. Hamer didn't rush the way he worked. He was slow, thorough and deliberate in his actions. The movie reflected that accurately... and was boring as fuck.

• Hamer was a lot less deliberate when he was younger... he got angry and would shoot the fuck out of criminals in Mexico... He mellowed with age... I think the movie reflects that.

lazs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!