Good movies anybody?

• Probably just spirits in a material world…

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Parker Posey plays a great crazy bitch. I don't think she's acting.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

Edited once, last by Sluggo ().

• Yeah, she’s fucking nuts.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• If you never watched The Office what're you waiting for?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I really like that show, but Pam is a dirty, needy little whore.

I don't like the guy in the thumbnail.

Drop the brick Rick, it ain't no trick, get yourself free.

"It's no longer our job to wake the sheep. It's time to wake the other lions."

giphy.gif

• Jack Reacher with a full size actor (Prime Video):

• Jack Reacher with a full size actor (Prime Video):

You know, I could actually forgive a 4'10" Cruise as Jack Reacher because the stories were good. And relatively close to the books*. But this does look better.

*They dumbed down the ending of the second movie. Same general plot, but the book's conclusion was WAY more interesting.

• You know, I could actually forgive a 4'10" Cruise as Jack Reacher because the stories were good. And relatively close to the books*. But this does look better.

*They dumbed down the ending of the second movie. Same general plot, but the book's conclusion was WAY more interesting.

Dude...you're brutal.

giphy.gif

Drop the brick Rick, it ain't no trick, get yourself free.

"It's no longer our job to wake the sheep. It's time to wake the other lions."

giphy.gif

• That looks pretty good.

• Yeah. One of the main themes of the Reacher books was that he was a big strong guy. 'naturally strong not workout strong' Also... his method of street fighting..... Use hard surfaces to your advantage. He had no formal training. also.. he really didn't drive

Cruise was none of those things. Kinda ruined it for me. This looks good.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Elphie.... you got me wrong. I believe in the possibility of just about any whacked out shit. Ghosts? maybe.... bigfoot... maybe? Aliens and fairies and shit? again... maybe. The maybe is not strong tho. not gonna watch movies based on any of those things.

I think a lot of you watch em because you want to believe. Not me. shit is crazy enough.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Yeah. One of the main themes of the Reacher books was that he was a big strong guy. 'naturally strong not workout strong' Also... his method of street fighting..... Use hard surfaces to your advantage. He had no formal training. also.. he really didn't drive

Cruise was none of those things. Kinda ruined it for me. This looks good.

lazs

*He did have training. He was basically in the Special Forces of the MP's. They were trained to be able to take out Delta Force guys on a drunken bender.

He had naturally honed aggressiveness.

• External Content www.youtube.com

• Saw the latest episode of WOT, and there was good and bad to it. (See? I can be reasonable.)

I think "skipping" the visit to Caemlyn will work out better. Like I said of skipping Baerlon, it's only really there to introduce settings and characters that would be used later, but don't have much of a purpose now. And if Liandrin is already away from Caemlyn, then she won't have the prophetic moment in front of the court about Rand.

I wish they'd stuck more to the books for the Ogier (I say it in my head Oh-Jee-Er), but I can understand the change and actually like it.

Perrin's introductions to his powers is a decent work around. I'd have stuck more to the book because it introduces a wolf as a character that becomes important later on.

The bad: The whole warder arc was a GIGANTIC waste of fucking screentime. The way the book handles it is so much better. Basically if an Aes Sedai dies, the warder goes nuts and gets into a battle rage. Often getting themselves killed in the process. Had they done this, it would have saved ~10 minutes of the episode for actual important information, AND conveyed what would happen at the same time.

By stilling Logain, they take away from the moment when he sees and realizes who the Dragon Reborn actually is. Now they almost played this perfectly by having Logain start to laugh maniacally at Mat and Rand. With the implication that *wink wink* he's laughing at Mat. But then, as this director is wont to do, he shits all over the moment by having it shown as a hallucination of Mat's.

By having Egwene knife that Child of the Light, it removes the BIGGEST foil to Perrin's story for the ENTIRE series. Literally. From book 1 to book 13 (of 14), the Children of the Light hunt and dog Perrin the entire way. But to quote the Critical Drinker, they're just like ,"Nah, it'll be fine."

The worse: They are still treating channeling like it's some intangible do-everything magic. Like the ability to "smash your fists down on the piano keys" will miraculously produce music. More powerful people smash harder, and produce "better" music with no skill. Mary-sue bullshit of the worst order.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!