Good movies anybody?

• Even if they weren't killed by war or disease, (plains indians) they died when their teeth started falling out, as so much of their meals were beef jerky, and they'd starve. Imagine building a community...a home...growing veggies...NOT having to drag you teepee around on two sticks behind your horse (riding horses had never occurred to them until they saw the Spanish do it) following herds of buffalo

There were no horses in the Americas until the Spanish showed up.

• I did not know that. Perhaps that is why there was a constant battle over land.

The Iroquois nation annihilated the Huron tribe and almost did the same to the Erie tribe even though the Iroquois alliance was smaller than either of the two tribes they beat.

Why did the Iroquois do it? They did it during the fur trade wars to gain more land to trap furs.

The Sioux...as badass as they were....got pushed west by the Chippewa (Ojibwe, Ojibwa).

The Lipan Apache and Tonkawa tribes were almost annihilated by the Commanche and Kiowa over hunting grounds.

The Native Americans were anything but the peaceful caretakers of the land that the left tries to paint them as.

• If you all haven't read "Empire of the Summer Moon", you should, it's a great book about the history of the Comanche tribe (easily the most ruthless and effective Native American tribe there ever was). Incredible book which describes in detail the atrocities the Comanches committed, mostly against other tribes, but also the evil "white invaders (snicker)". Joe Rogan had the author on his podcast, it's worth a watch as well, it tells the TRUE story of the Comanches and some other tribes as well - the USA (and Canada) wasn't a wonderland filled with fruit trees and rivers of chocolate which was "taken" away from them by evil white people. Far from it.

The Comanches did far worse things than the White Evil people who "took away their lands", ever, ever did. By rights they earned being stomped out and put in reserves IMO, they were worse than the Nazis ever were.

If anyone wants a copy, I can email/loan it to you in Epub format, again, a fantastic book everyone should read IMO.

• Covid sent a lot of people home to work. A lot of IT people thought they wanted that. Many learned it's not all they thought it would be. There are some benefits to employers having people work from home and I doubt businesses will ever return to how it was before.

Bullshit. Employers like to make sure their minions are wearing the proper costume with the proper amount of flair. They like to listen in to make sure they're using the proper adjectives and phrases. They like to stand with one hand on their hip as they look at their watch as the workers scurry towards the time clock.

You just don't get your money's worth when they're working from home.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Bullshit. Employers like to make sure their minions are wearing the proper costume with the proper amount of flair. They like to listen in to make sure they're using the proper adjectives and phrases. They like to stand with one hand on their hip as they look at their watch as the workers scurry towards the time clock.

That's why I said "some" benefits for employers. Like less office space required. You're right about the micro management though.

I've been working from home exclusively since Feb of 2008. I've long accomplished more than most techs who work from the office and on site so I've been told repeatedly. That has more to do with my age, ability, and associated work ethic though than just working remotely.

• Real good movie I saw recently, and never saw before:

Duel (1971)

Directed by Spielberg before he was famous. Fantastic movie, one of his very best. Starring the dude who played McCloud on TV.

Remember watching that as an 11 year old, was utterly transfixed by it

• Bullshit. Employers like to make sure their minions are wearing the proper costume with the proper amount of flair. They like to listen in to make sure they're using the proper adjectives and phrases. They like to stand with one hand on their hip as they look at their watch as the workers scurry towards the time clock.

Damn Sluggo- there is no way you can work the takeout window for Mickey D's from your home. Just show up, shut up and make sure my fries are crispy.

• Salt? lol

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!