Been binge watching The Office

• Three minutes and twenty four seconds worth of a master class in visual storytelling. The amount of information compacted into this single scene could fill entire episodes of lesser shows. I'd be genuinely surprised, and dismayed, if these actors don't all get Emmys... And the writer/director whose life experience Rue's character is based on. (Yes I'm drunk and I know I'm gushing way too much on this show, but I think it deserves it.)

Three minutes and twenty four seconds.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.” -- Ayn Rand

• Three minutes and twenty four seconds worth of a master class in visual storytelling. The amount of information compacted into this single scene could fill entire episodes of lesser shows. I'd be genuinely surprised, and dismayed, if these actors don't all get Emmys... And the writer/director whose life experience Rue's character is based on. (Yes I'm drunk and I know I'm gushing way too much on this show, but I think it deserves it.)

Three minutes and twenty four seconds.

In my opinion, American stuff is always the most creative and cool. I wonder why that is? When I see foreign stuff it always either trying to hard to be Hollywood, trying to hard to be cool, or just off.

• Well, it's based on an Israeli series of the same name and topic, but transformed and translated to an American setting. Like in the Israeli version where the main character was based on the real experiences of Ron Leshem, in the American version Rue's character is based on Sam Levinson's real life struggle with addiction. Ron Leshem is also one of the producers on the American version. Marcell Rév, the cinematographer is Hungarian...

Of course the American version's makeup budget is prolly more than the whole budget for the Israeli version...

So money, I guess.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.” -- Ayn Rand

• In my opinion, American stuff is always the most creative and cool. I wonder why that is? When I see foreign stuff it always either trying to hard to be Hollywood, trying to hard to be cool, or just off.

There are exceptions of course. The Brit version of the relatively recent Sherlock Holmes TV series was much better than the US version.

• I got this app on my TV... I mentioned it before. I a buttload of channels, but still don't watch anything.

I "Favorited" two shows back when I got it. GoT and The Office. I got sick of GoT pretty fast and have been watching The Office.

I'm about 6 episode into the last season and I'm getting sad that it's going to be over soon. That show is great. Great actors.

This is 12 years ago?

• US Top Gear fucking suct.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Ok... that euphoria 3 minute vid? was 2.5 minutes too much for me. I have found in my long and interesting life that I don't care how good the acting is if the story is boring.

I just watched a netflix series that is a total ripoff of 'Lost' (which I really liked) called the I-Land gets right to the point unlike Lost. crappy acting. nice sets... nice theme.... obligatory climate change bullshit at the end where Galveston is under water ten years or so from now and Houston is the coast.

Sooo... I added it up... seen all the episodes in three days. about 9 hours I guess? that is 9 hours of TV for me in a month and a half.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Yeah, well I guess with a fairytale life like mine with all the princesses and castles and stuff, I need an escape into reality...

• I don't watch programmed TV. Haven't for ten years about. I watch entertainment and documentaries on the web. What I want when I want it.