TV news(?) reporter salaries

• shocked at the high salaries of some, surprised at the low numbers of others... normally I won't peruse a clickbait slideshow but I made it through 15-20 of those... Shocked that rachel madcow makes almost as much as brokaw who has been on the job like 40 years.

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them at will whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established. - President Jefferson Davis

• How does a news channel with such low ratings afford such outrageous salaries?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Thank God I have no idea who most of those bobble heads are.

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• I am with the sluggo on this one.... CNN pays the most outrageous salaries it seems and their ratings are below the cartoon network.

I like that Jon Stewart has always said to not get excited about his political shows because he is not a 'journalist' but they are touting him as one now.... he is a comedian not a journalist as is that Fallon guy.

The other thing was the high salaries of the sports reporters.... I have never heard of em but ... Also the high salaries of regular non cable tv hosts...

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Madcow says she hates straight white males but then tries to look like one. Brokjaw is doing really well for someone who is either drunk or has a speech impediment.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)