MS Flight Simulator

• glad to see they reopened the studio.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I remember the Ultimate Flop from them. MS Train Simulator. I mean....really?

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• The MS Flight Simulator Series basically came to an end when they fired the X team and replaced them with Jundies, who made the replacement product known as MS Flight.

Of course it goes without saying that MS Flight was an utter debacle. Anything that goes to Bombay the hard way, ultimately ends up in the Black Hole of Calcutta, never to be seen again.

Don't know much about this new attempt to bring it back, but if they are using Jundies, it too will fail.

The fact that the CEO is a Jundie also doesn't give me much confidence in anything Microsoft puts out.

As best I can, I avoid Chinese Products and Jundie Labor. It's a stratagem that has served me well.

• MS Flight was great. I spent many hours flying a biplane around Hawaii.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• This new version is fucking nuts. 2 petabytes of Azure cloud streamed terrain with single digit centimeter resolution. Rendering down to every blade of grass. Real time weather. Multi-mode real time air traffic. You can fly with real traffic going on around you using simulated AI conversation you can interact with, or you can fly with real traffic going on around you using real world, live air traffic coms, but you don't get to communicate back, just get in where you fit in. Built for easy 3rd party developments. This is a real showcase for Microsoft.

• What does that mean for us mere mortals?

• Yeah?

• What does that mean for us mere mortals?

It's probably worth buying new shit for if you really like flight sims. Mid-tier ryzen, $300ish vid card, lots of ram, a stupid fast nvme drive. Get some cheap tablets to connect as instrument panels. I've got to get a new yoke/throttle/pedal setup.