Soldering

• Ok.... so what is this and how do I use it? It came with a small oxy/acetylene torch kit like what a plumber would use.

lazs

Do the sticks have a flux coating on them?

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• No coating at all that I can see.. they are maybe 3/16" wide by a few thirty seconds thick. about 2 foot long... have a shitload of em in the package.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• You need to use some type of flux with them. I've personally never used that low of silver content. My guess is that it will be like using more of a braze than silver solder. Meaning it will be stronger but it takes more heat to get it to stick and flow.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• One thing with using oxy acetylene to silver solder is to use a "3 feather carburizing flame". That means that you get your torch to a neutral flame and then add acetylene until the carburizing flame is 3 times as long. That is a slightly "colder" flame and you're less likely to burn the solder.

This is a good example.

carburizing-welding-flame.jpg

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

• Sooo.. no idea on what kind of flux to use on it? I guess it is for filling where more silver content would not fill?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Sooo.. no idea on what kind of flux to use on it? I guess it is for filling where more silver content would not fill?

lazs

Probably.

I use Harris Stay-Silv, Wolverine makes the same thing as well.

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

• No that the lower content of the silver will probably act better as a filler.

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

• only soldering I really do is installing dui interlocks. I just use a simple soldering iron. when i'm doing very small gauge wires, I dissolve a little solder onto the iron first, then touch it to the wire to transfer it over.

• As a sideline would hand solder these,

Microtechnology.jpg

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• I'm usually soldering small electronic parts and I've smoked a few pots, let me tell you.

and usually attached to something awkward that you don't want to get solder or heat on.

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• We do here.

But we also have Autumn, all those U's and and M and N next to each other. It's the thin edge of the wedge.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

• It took me six months to make an intercom at Tech. I think it took two weeks to gat the board etched.

• That shit's past MY skill level

The solder was .020" dia.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.