Soldering

• Ok.... so what is this and how do I use it? It came with a small oxy/acetylene torch kit like what a plumber would use.

lazs

Do the sticks have a flux coating on them?

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• No coating at all that I can see.. they are maybe 3/16" wide by a few thirty seconds thick. about 2 foot long... have a shitload of em in the package.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• You need to use some type of flux with them. I've personally never used that low of silver content. My guess is that it will be like using more of a braze than silver solder. Meaning it will be stronger but it takes more heat to get it to stick and flow.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• One thing with using oxy acetylene to silver solder is to use a "3 feather carburizing flame". That means that you get your torch to a neutral flame and then add acetylene until the carburizing flame is 3 times as long. That is a slightly "colder" flame and you're less likely to burn the solder.

This is a good example.

carburizing-welding-flame.jpg

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

• Sooo.. no idea on what kind of flux to use on it? I guess it is for filling where more silver content would not fill?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Sooo.. no idea on what kind of flux to use on it? I guess it is for filling where more silver content would not fill?

lazs

Probably.

I use Harris Stay-Silv, Wolverine makes the same thing as well.

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

• No that the lower content of the silver will probably act better as a filler.

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

• only soldering I really do is installing dui interlocks. I just use a simple soldering iron. when i'm doing very small gauge wires, I dissolve a little solder onto the iron first, then touch it to the wire to transfer it over.

• As a sideline would hand solder these,

Microtechnology.jpg

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• That shit's past MY skill level

The solder was .020" dia.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.