CRISPR Gene Editing - in your Point of view

• CRISPR” - Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats, which are the hallmark of a bacterial defense system which forms the basis for the popular CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing technology.

Crispr/cas9 is basically a gene editing tool which enable us to insert or remove gene effectively.

The CRISPR/Cas9 system has been used to achieve efficient genome editing in a variety of species and cell types, including human cell lines, bacteria, zebrafish, yeast, mouse, fruit fly, roundworm, rat, rabbit, common crops, pig, and monkey.

Latest 10 Inventions using CRISPR Gene Editing

• I feel a novel coming on: "The Yeast that Devoured the World".

Coercive collective action in the name of the greater good not only is immoral—who decides who has the gun?—it also is destructive of human happiness and ruinous of human potential.

• The opening chapter of my novel has a young female lab technician named Jenny oohing and aahing over the new gene manipulation technology being introduced at the university. That afternoon she doesn't wash up properly and accidentally infects herself with a mutant yeast bacteria while douching.

After a romantic candlelight dinner with her immigrant lover Ramon, they have wild, unbridled sex. Old Ramon makes the prophetic statement "I never had it so good".

Unfortunately for mankind, and unbeknownst to his lover, Ramon is a promiscuous pimp. During the next week he has sex with several of his prostitutes....and mankind is doomed by a bacterial infection that devours us, starting with the genitals and restricts our ability to think rationally about the problem.

Well, whaddya think guys? Am I onto something here?

Coercive collective action in the name of the greater good not only is immoral—who decides who has the gun?—it also is destructive of human happiness and ruinous of human potential.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shuckins Deux ().

• Ya know, I think I had that Ramon fact buried in the back of my itty-bitty mind, but I just couldn't scratch it out.

Ah well...

• Simpsons did it.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Pros and cons.

2020, America's New Civil War.

If people do not display wisdom, they will crash like blind moles and then mutual annihilation will commence.

Hitler: "We will drown them in their own blood!"
    Stalin: "We will drown them in our own blood!"

Jong-un: "We will drown us in our own blood!"

Senator Elizabeth Warren, winner of the 2018 Rachel Dolezal Award.

Dems: "Tell us the truth"
    Barr: "There was spying"
    Dems:"NOT THAT TRUTH"