Bible; Divinely inspired or man made?

• Most Christians believe that the Bible was Divinely inspired.
    If that was true, it would be a work of art, pure poetry that would speak to each individual on a personal level.
    Not some collection of books from different sources that's full of contradiction.

There's over 14,800 changes between the Sinai Bible & the KJV. Entire books that were once considered 'Divinely inspired' by Christians, have been removed in their entirety. How could that be acceptable if it was part of 'God's word'?

The Bible would have us believe that God is so fucked up, that he drowned 99.99% of His children because he created us defective. How messed up is that?
    Then that didn't turn out so good so the only possible solution to fix his second huge fuck up, was to throw his only son to barbarians for slaughter. Really?

But that's not all; the Bible would have us believe that our Creator is vain, angry, vengeful, jealous, petty, inept & psychopathic.
    If, as doctrine proscribes, the Divine is 'perfect, without error', then that means that the above is false. If the Biblical writers got that wrong, then what else did they get wrong?
    Also, if the Almighty is perfect, then that means that the design is perfect. Therefore, the Biblical writers have got it wrong on that point.
    God is not an inept bumbling old fool who has serious anger management issues.

Man wrote the Bible. God had nothing to do with it. :poof

• first off... pretty much everything is divinely inspired. Obviously the bible is not a word for word dictation to some one person. I think it has been pieced together from what god has told people over time

But yeah.... the basics are such great truths that it had to be divinely inspired. I believe our constitution was divinely inspired.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I'm with Elric on this one. Do I believe in a creator, yes without a doubt. But I also believe that "organized" religion (most all of them) have fucked it up and perverted it.

Quoting a wise snowbear (Sluggo)

"My God has one rule, don't be a dick".

I try to go with that approach.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• I believe it for sure was divinely inspired... too much good stuff that has lasted for it not to be. I believe a lot got lost and/or added in translation tho.

lazs

• Most of what is written in the Old Testament can be found in other religions.

Jesus Chris was a SJW of his time.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• first off... pretty much everything is divinely inspired. Obviously the bible is not a word for word dictation to some one person. I think it has been pieced together from what god has told people over time

But yeah.... the basics are such great truths that it had to be divinely inspired. I believe our constitution was divinely inspired.

lazs

"god has told people over time"
    How was it received?
    Why are there so many contradictions & why does it paint God as an angry, jealous, vain, judgemental psychopath? As less than perfect?

• Many people over time have claimed to have talked to god personally... the ten commandments for instance are claimed to have been handed to a man by god.

I don't see anything offensive or psycho in the ten commandments. Why don't you just use the good stuff or the stuff you agree with and ignore the rest?

Seems like you are trying to make an excuse for throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

lazs

• Sounds like you've made up your mind. Any point discussing?

That depends.
    I've studied this subject rather intensely & have discovered enough facts that have proved to me that the Bible is man made. It does contain truths but it also holds a lot of fiction.

To defy the facts, Christians need to have a thing called 'faith'. Faith means ignore your logic, commonsense & verifiable historical records & pretend that the Bible makes sense.
    Faith = willful ignorance.

• To say that faith is willful ignorance is to dismiss all forms of faith... which... would be the very definition of willful ignorance.

Look.... I am sure you have had this discussion with people dozens of times and have all your pissy anti religious shit all ready to go for whatever someone says.

What you are doing is basically.... preaching at us.

lazs

• No one here is likely to change your mind nor are you likely to change anyone's mind. If you're just looking to ridicule faith I have no interest in participating. If you want to have an honest discussion about inspiration and faith we can do that. I will say this though. No one knows what someone else's faith is based on. If you're looking for answers, fine. Otherwise, what's the point of trying to discourage it if you don't understand it?

• Iron.... that is exactly what he is doing. I believe this is a finely honed (in his mind) argument he uses to beat up people of faith.

Your attitude towards his shit is exactly the right attitude. He wants someone of faith to get angry so he can ridicule em. I see atheists do this shit all the time.....

It is like..............................a religion to them.

lazs

• No one here is likely to change your mind nor are you likely to change anyone's mind. If you're just looking to ridicule faith I have no interest in participating. If you want to have an honest discussion about inspiration and faith we can do that. I will say this though. No one knows what someone else's faith is based on. If you're looking for answers, fine. Otherwise, what's the point of trying to discourage it if you don't understand it?

SW invited a discussion. Here it is.
    No one has to read it.

I've heard "about inspiration & faith" for most of my life. I understand the rhetoric as well as anyone.

We were created with logical questioning minds for a reason. We were not designed to be mindless unquestioning sheep.

My motive for sharing is that I wish that I had heard enough to allow me to question my indoctrination much sooner than I did. The truth will set you free.

Those who wish to remain ignorant need not read further.

• Yeah trying to explain dick moves by saying that you are only trying to help poor ignorant fucks escape their indoctrination

is... well.... dishonest.... Now he is saying if he doesn't like your answers .... if you won't play his game... then you need to butt out so he can fuck with someone else.

lazs

• Bible or no Bible, every person knows deep in their heart that there is a creator. Even people who say they don't.

My parents.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.