My Crap Music thread

• <GASP> A Tom Waits fan!

Oh I am much more than that ... you'll see .. It was the first song that sprang to mind..

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it."

Sir Terry Pratchett   :poof

• Ninti here has a very strong musical background. :)

hehe as do you my friend! takes one to know one! <3

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it."

• From the first LP I ever bought... (edit- aged7)

• Have seen George 9 times since Move It On Over came out. I bought that Turning Point album when I was 20 or so, around 1980

No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full

• Smoked my first cigar with Elvis, lol, didn't know who he was but we had a good chat (I was 12)

• hehe, while we're on "firsts" took my first toke on a joint during a 24 hour Blues Estafette in brand new concert hall... after passing the stuff for umpteen times me an my brother just decided to try it for ourselves..(Edit- I was 9)

• Dad was a Jazz freak from his teens....

• I was working in a shithole town on Mississippi n the late 90s/early 2000s (Tutwiler), and was staying in a slightly bigger shithole town that had a motel (Clarksdale) Had no idea that John Lee Hooker LIVED there.... I'd probably have banged on his door or something, asked if I could mow his lawn or some shit

No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full

• I went to see George Thorogood in the late 80's. He had an opening act called Southern Lightning (Local Melbourne band) who completely upstaged him. Needless to say, they had packed gigs everywhere after that.

I too saw him live a a free outdoor festival in The Hague I believe in 1988... the only reason I got into his music in the first place is because of one of my brother's housemates in Brisbane... He was one of the forbidden records, not to be played when brother and his wife were in tha house lol! So yeah, more sentimental load than anything... Nice to meet ya Phatzo (I lived in Melbourne for 3 months, off Lygon street, 1986 and my best friend worked in the Prince of Wales? pub?club)

• Lonesome George was the fist concert I ever went to. Back in 1986.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.