I put it off till the last. Today is the day I have to get my blood drawn

• I'm so nervous about this. I put it off for a week. I can go to the lab anytime today. My doctor appointment (and first physical in forever) are Monday.

I'm getting checked for the cancer I had, plus getting my hormone levels checked. I'm supposed to get blood work every three months but I've not been doing it.

So today will be one of a slowly building dread for me., I hate this.

• Thanks, Rondar.

I'll get through it. I just really super dread it. I never used to have a problem in getting blood drawn and I am not afraid of needles. I guess the passing out and getting injured really shook me up. I also can;t get over the really awful nausea , losing my hearing and sight... and getting drenched in sweat. I feel embarrassed too.

• It's not the poke that gets me, it's the idea of the blood coming out into the viles. I'm fine for about 20 seconds, then I feel tugging or whatever when they are changing viles, and I can't stop the train after that. It's a horrible feeling.

• I'm supposed to get INR tests weekly but only get them once a month.
    It's weird that the more needles one gets the more one tends to dislike them.

I'm not to fond of dentists. Many years ago I taught myself not to start worrying until I'm in the chair.
    There's no point in fretting before you get there. It works for me.

• I'm supposed to get INR tests weekly but only get them once a month.
    It's weird that the more needles one gets the more one tends to dislike them.

I'm not to fond of dentists. Many years ago I taught myself not to start worrying until I'm in the chair.
    There's no point in fretting before you get there. It works for me.

what is an INR test?

I'm not afraid of the dentist or of needles. I do have an incredible gag reflex though.

• what is an INR test?

I'm not afraid of the dentist or of needles. I do have an incredible gag reflex though.

I'm on warfarin. An INR tests the viscosity of ones blood.
    If it gets too low (thick) I develop blood clots. I've had two big clots when I couldn't be bothered getting the tests regularly.

• I'm on warfarin. An INR tests the viscosity of ones blood.
    If it gets too low (thick) I develop blood clots. I've had two big clots when I couldn't be bothered getting the tests regularly.

oh, that would really bother me. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. That's awful.

• I might skip my blood draw today. I could just wait till I see my new doctor on Monday and tell him how I can hardly get through them. Last time I took pot and a benadryll and I did okay.Maybe they could give me something before?

• It's the results you fear right? Not just having a little needle inserted and giving up a bit of blood. Don't make me lose all respect for you. At least lie about. ;)

The needle doesn't bother me at all.I don't even feel it. What I fear is the reaction. It's a physical reaction that I can't stop. My blood pressure drops, I get sick, lose my hearing and sight... start to drop with sweat and either pass out or almost pass out. It's that that I fear.

It has something to do with knowing the blood is on those vials and filling them up. I don't know, but I've never been afraid of needles. They don't bother me at all.