TWO dead Boeings...

• There seems to be a problem with the MAX8 version of the B737. The recent crash in Ethiopia in which all 157 people on board were killed was the second in five months involving this aircraft type.

USA Today report: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/…-max-8-safety/3126793002/

Some airlines have already grounded all MAX8 aircraft, pending investigation.

Looks like if you're booked on a Boeing, you might not be going.

"Spain is made up of 17 autonomous communities, the Canaries being one, so says the Spanish constitution"

- Holden, who had failed to notice that the Spanish Constitution refers to the sovereign state, that being the KINGDOM of Spain. Just one of many examples of its name being abbreviated to "Spain" - incorrectly, in Holden's case.

• I got no dog in this fight but an Ethiopian airline? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say possible maintenance issue.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• Maybe it’s just me but I find it a bit disturbing when anyone celebrates people dying.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I don't fly and would not know one plane from another but.... Ethiopia? that was the first red flag.

I think they also crashed a few puddle jumpers in africa this month killing all on board.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Ethiopia is a red flag - maintenance issues etc - but on a four month old plane?

"Spain is made up of 17 autonomous communities, the Canaries being one, so says the Spanish constitution"

- Holden, who had failed to notice that the Spanish Constitution refers to the sovereign state, that being the KINGDOM of Spain. Just one of many examples of its name being abbreviated to "Spain" - incorrectly, in Holden's case.

• It is Afrca...

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• The Pilot reported difficulty flying the thing. I wager a software glitch. Nothing like "Fly by Wire". Who needs cables and shit anyway.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Fly by wire? It's a Boeing we're talking about.

• Ladies and gentlemen:

If you forgot why you hated this dude, just reread the title and realize he was dismissing the death of hundreds to be able to say "I told you so" in a decades old tit for tat that, literally, means nothing.

Beets, you're one sad mother fucker.

• Ladies and gentlemen:

If you forgot why you hated this dude, just reread the title and realize he was dismissing the death of hundreds to be able to say "I told you so" in a decades old tit for tat that, literally, means nothing.

Beets, you're one sad mother fucker.

Not bad, TX-Mom, but you have a long way to go to match acfireguy26, who once said to me

"If I ever meet you I am going to punch you square in your mouth. I promise."

And Maverick replied "The line for that is behind me."

:biggrin

• Don't forget Sportscunt is going to hit you in the face with a pie.

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

• It wasn't so long ago the everybody and anything but blessed American hatin' Sepps here were hanging shit on the Airbus A320's (?) and every other evil furriner invented device you care to name. Nice to see 'em get a big Boeing egg on their jingoistic faces!

• Ethiopian Airlines actually has a good safety record. They use modern equipment and the same maintenance procedures that the US, European, and Mid-East airlines use as mandated by the manufacturers and civil aviation authorities require. Ethiopian was the launch customer for the B787. The 737 Max 8 AOA system is what appears to be the problem with the aircraft, causing uncommanded pitch changes in both autopilot mode and when manually flown. The only fly-by-wire systems on the a/c are the spoilers and bleed air. I've flown Ethiopian numerous times between Dulles and Djibouti. The a/c were in better shape than most US and European Flag carriers and the service onboard definitely was better.

• It wasn't so long ago the everybody and anything but blessed American hatin' Sepps here were hanging shit on the Airbus A320's (?) and every other evil furriner invented device you care to name. Nice to see 'em get a big Boeing egg on their jingoistic faces!

But aviation experts and pilots say their biggest concern with the new Boeing aircrafts is around a feature known as the Manoeuvring Characteristics Augmentation System or the “automated anti-stall system” — a new characteristic on the MAX 8 jets.

The MCAS system relies on a gadget on the outside of the plane measuring how high the nose is. Too high and it brings the nose down. But the worry is this gadget is malfunctioning and its bringing the nose down for no good reason. It can mean the plane starts heading for the ground.

“This is the first time Boeing has put in the MCAS that kicks in when a plane is climbing too quickly and could stall the aircraft,” he explained of the new software.

“This system stops that stall, but is not supposed to kick in when the aircraft is flown manually by the pilot. It only kicks in during autopilot mode.

https://www.news.com.au/travel…63c80fa8233c4d24304cc05d3