Who buys furniture?

• Ok.. we all know. the only people who buy furniture are fags and married guys. or maybe both... My buddy who is married.. had to get rid of the expensive leather stuff that 10 years ago the old lady made him buy.

Anyhow.. single guys know.. there is more furniture out there than they can ever use. $1,000 leather rocker recliner? please.. take it off my hands!

I like this thing.. Like sitting in a 90's Lincoln continental except it rocks and reclines.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• We went 24 years without spending more than $2000 (total) on furniture. It just wasn't a priority. When we moved, we threw most of it out. I think a bed, a dresser and a recliner were all we brought to the new house. We decided we were not going to furnish this house with crap we scavenged from wherever... we wanted to furnish it with good stuff that we liked. No shortcuts.

Our living room and dining room sat vacant for 2 years. We got a bedroom set, kitchen table, couch for the family room and then populated all of the furniture around the couch. We then moved to the dining room and living room. Now we need some bookcases and to start filling in the little stuff. We've paid more for furniture in the last 3 years than we paid for our first house... thanks mostly to the booming economy and great bonuses.

I have no regrets.

• I was hoping this was a rhetorical question.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• just got a new bed/couch and chair two weeks ago.

2020, America's New Civil War.

If people do not display wisdom, they will crash like blind moles and then mutual annihilation will commence.

Hitler: "We will drown them in their own blood!"
    Stalin: "We will drown them in our own blood!"

Jong-un: "We will drown us in our own blood!"

Senator Elizabeth Warren, winner of the 2018 Rachel Dolezal Award.

Dems: "Tell us the truth"
    Barr: "There was spying"
    Dems:"NOT THAT TRUTH"

• We have places in Oz called Tender Centres. People take all their old crap in there and who places the highest tender on it gets it. An old girlfriend of mine had an 18 year old son and we wanted to set up a spot under the house for him and his mates to watch football, drink beer and smoke weed. I went to the local Tender Centre and put ridiculously low bids in on a bunch of full lounge suites hoping that I may jag one for $20, as it turns out I jagged three of them and had to borrow a car trailer to get them all home.

• I come home every once in a while and there's new stuff to sit/lay on. That's the extent of my involvement.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Our Habitat doesn't have furniture, but I got some amazing antique stained glass side lights for $7.50 each.

They were jammed in between a few doors. I tried telling them they could be incorrectly marked, but they didn't care.

I made my husband and MIL immediately get into the car and leave before they realized what they had done.

• Akins Furniture about an hour away sells the same furniture the big retail stores do but at wholesale prices. Living room set my wife liked was going to be about $5K at Lazy Boy and Ashley. We paid them $75 to deliver it and with taxes it was $2235.

Never pay full retail for furniture, the markup on it is ridiculous.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• We have Habitat for humanity here.. and Goodwill. Habitat is like a giant warehouse and people donate all kinds of stuff, including building supplies. It looks similar to that place, but you don't have to be a high "tender" (gay).... they just mark stuff super cheap. I have one right by my house. I go in now and then looking at furniture.

Nah this is different. People take their stuff their to sell it and the tender centre take a commission. Everything you just said is gayer than aids.

• I'll buy stuff sometimes.

I usually look for older solid wood stuff. None of this chipboard or MDF stuff. Otherwise I'll just get what's not needed by family when they refurnish.

I make it other times if I could be fucked.

The next piece I make is going to be a solid timber king sized bed, with 4"square posts with iron rings on them, and a functional set of stocks at the foot.

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.

Celebrating those happy times when the penis is an internal organ.

• We bought a nice couch/ 2 chairs 20 years ago, time to repeat. Wife brings up the idea of used...I'm utterly against having anything used with mattess/padding in my house...not fucking going there

No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full

• I couldn't take all the furniture that is offered to me for free. My friends spend on furniture like the Mcmansion owners they are.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• It's called Tender Centre because you go to tender an offer for the lot. It could be a lot of one, or a lot consiting of and entire house full of furniture.

It's one thing I do miss about the northern rivers area. We don't have one up here.

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.

Celebrating those happy times when the penis is an internal organ.