A-10 demos are back

• A guy I used to work with at SOE was an A-10 pilot before leaving the USAAF and becoming a game developer. He had a kick ass model of the Warthog on his desk that he wouldn't let me play with.

“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official.”

• Andy Bush AckAck? He was a writer for me at Combatsim and did work in the gaming industry as well, I just forget where. He flew fighters in Vietnam (F4s) and the F15 as well before finishing his career in A10s.

One of the best demos I've ever seen was a pair of A10s at Abbottsford International, the year the Mig29s came for the first time.

Andy Bush wrote an article on the A10s for SimHQ that is still one of the best A10 deals on the net IMO.

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_048a.html

• Not Andy Bush. The guy I worked with left a few years after Desert Storm when the Bush Sr. and Clinton administrations started to gut the military that left a lot of officers in career limbo and I believe spent his entire time in the A-10. He was one of the lead artists for Planetside and then later EQ2 and I still think he's with Daybreak Studios (used to be SOE).

I did meet Andy Bush one time when I was still at CH, met him at the E3 when it was held in Atlanta. Andy Hollis (creator of the Jane's Combat games at Origin/EA) brought him over to our booth so we could meet him.

I really enjoyed Andy Bush's articles on SimHQ, especially his articles on gunnery.

“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official.”

• He's a great guy, very nice, a huge resource for simulation gamers back in those days. Him, Eagl, Mace, and others have given us so much great info over the years. Last week I went into Mace's profile on HTC and re read the majority of his longer posts, just fantastic stuff, Eagl too. That torch will pass to Serenity, who is quite the character, and certainly not afraid to post pretty much anything. I'm happy to call myself his friend, and as he enters the strike fighter community, I think he'll really come into his own in terms of "pro sim" posting.

• I forgot what thread it was in but Vraciu made some comment in response to a post Serenity made trying to correct him in usual Vraciu fashion, insinuating that Serenity didn't know what he was talking about and should leave such comments to real pilots like Vraciu. I think Serenity only responded by posting a picture of him in the cockpit during one of his training flights.

• LOL! I remember that, I had just been in a huge fight on 200 with Vraciu about his supposed head shots @ 1000 meters with iron sights regularly BS the week that happened. Serenity grew up very quickly once he got into the Navy IMO, he's still Serenity, but different, more direct, serious, and as it happens, funny as hell.

I've been collecting Serenity's posts - with his permission - as I think someday it could make a great book, how a kid playing wargames on the computer was inspired to join the military and be a real combat pilot, and actually did it. The pineapple men incident, along with what I feel at least were courageous posts in the Cait Jenner thread alone make 2 great themes to build a book around, and I'm going to do it once he reaches his squadron and has "done it" so to speak.

• A guy I used to work with at SOE was an A-10 pilot before leaving the USAAF and becoming a game developer. He had a kick ass model of the Warthog on his desk that he wouldn't let me play with.

Liar.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.