The duck dynasty guy...

• Never really watched the show.. reality shows make me cringe but he did an interview on FOX.. he started selling candy in the fifth grade and a 'worm farm' he is.... well.... a businessman. He pointed out that when the country first started that businessmen funded the government when it went broke like the war of 1812.. So he kinda suggests that businessmen fund the WALL at our southern border.

I think this is a great idea.... It shows how powerless our government really is and at the same time shows how good the economy is. I bet a 'go fund me' for the wall could raise a billion or so... but even if it was a few million.. what would that say? It would say 'fuck you Pelosi.. we don't need you'

I would love to see it become a trend. Where everyday Americans and businessmen who have profited from a great economy send their dollars to fund some things the government needs. Why not cities on the border fund maybe a mile section of wall? Whatever.. even one section getting built by citizens would change the dialogue. We don't just vote.... we get shit done.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• He played football for LSU. Terry Bradshaw was his backup.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• You would think there would be no shortage of people in the spotlight who could start this thing. Almost makes me wish I was famous with more than just pinkyscroat.

lazs

• I will do whatever I can to make it happen.. Just need smart folks who know how to do this shit and a celebrity.

lazs

• Yes, I would expect a bunch of Fake Populists to revere the likes of Duck Dynasty:

Duck-Dynasty1.jpg

"timeline will depend on the truth line" - Nancy Pelosi

"the facts are against you, the law is against you, the president clearly committed a crime, you’re left with arguing the process,” said Rep. Harley Rouda

source.gif

• What don't you like about Duck Dynasty?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Let's start with the fact that they're obvious fakes...

"the facts are against you, the law is against you, the president clearly committed a crime, you’re left with arguing the process,” said Rep. Harley Rouda

source.gif

• You may not realize this but... almost all TV is fake.

• True, they're not unique in being obvious fakes pushing a self-righteous political agenda.

But combine fake reality teevee with self-serving right-wing bullshit... and that's basically your president.

source.gif

• Why would a wholesome positive message upset you so?

• Define "wholesome".

Hateful nationalism isn't positive.

source.gif

• I'll admit I haven't seen every episode but I've never seen anything hateful on that program.

• Google is your friend. But I think this one applies to you personally:

At the Vero Beach Prayer Breakfast, Robertson offered up a scenario in which two intruders rape and shoot an atheist’s daughters before decapitating his wife.

“Then they can look at him and say, ‘Isn’t it great that I don’t have to worry about being judged? Isn’t it great that there’s nothing wrong with this? There’s no right or wrong, now is it, dude?'” he says, per Right Wing Watch.

“Wouldn’t it be something if [there] was something wrong with this? But you’re the one who says there is no God, there’s no right, there’s no wrong, so we’re just having fun.”

I'm not saying they're Hitler Reincarnated. Just that they're fake, ignorant dumbfucks.

Which is of course why they'd be popular on this site :thumbsup

source.gif

• Sluggo is right. But the media is always baiting him. If you ask a 60 some year old southerner what he thinks, he's gonna tell you. The media knows this and plays it.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• Sluggo is right. But the media is always baiting him. If you ask a 60 some year old southerner what he thinks, he's gonna tell you. The media knows this and plays it.

Sure, he can't help himself. Idiotic self-righteous bullshit *is* the Southern character.

source.gif

• lol. Lefty's like toad are always the most miserable, hateful people.

Papa Duck would like the government to force you to use the Men's Room. You know, like Republicunts legislated in North Carolina:

“Men should use the men’s bathroom and women should use the women’s bathroom,” Robertson says in the email. “Just because a man may ‘feel’ like a woman doesn’t mean he should be able to share a bathroom with my daughter, or yours. That used to be called common sense. Now it’s called bigoted.”

You ok with criminal penalties for using the ladies room?

source.gif