The Best Thing About Being Retired Is...

• The Best Thing About Being Retired Is... 9

1. Smirking when I think about the poor slobs who still have to work. (7) 78%
    2. Sleeping late. (6) 67%
    3. Going hunting and fishing whenever I feel like it. (4) 44%
    4. Going fishing in the new War Eagle boat. (0) 0%
    5. Going hunting whenever I feel like it. (0) 0%

Ahhhhh! Retirement! :biggrin

Coercive collective action in the name of the greater good not only is immoral—who decides who has the gun?—it also is destructive of human happiness and ruinous of human potential.

• I don't hunt or fish but yeah.... guess I could any time I wanted now.... I mean if I were to bother to get the permits and some fishing stuff.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Yes you did elphin one.... I told you that after admiring it I gave it to my brother and nephew who... .actually do fish.

lazs

• Why would anyone completely stop?

You can slow down a bit like I've done. For instance today I dug a 100 foot by 18" with a goon spoon even though the excav was there. The soft sand, moist and beckoning Seduced me.

Was a great day.

• You forgot driving around slow at seven in the morning.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Seven? Fuck that at 0630 on Flaghole or Sam Jones at 5mph below the limit. Fuck you, jump over.

Off to the Home Depot to pay with a check and not have my pen.

• Stay out of the left lane.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Thanks gg! :biggrin I retired on the 5th of October. I've been involved in so many "Honey-do" projects I may have to go back to work to relax!

Coercive collective action in the name of the greater good not only is immoral—who decides who has the gun?—it also is destructive of human happiness and ruinous of human potential.

• I think that if like storch I had a business that my family was still involved in I would hang out and work some just to annoy em.

But I don't. I have never liked work... not any part of it. I have always had a lot of hobbies and work simply got in the way.

lazs

• Ya know, Lazs, I figure 40 something years is more than enough. Screw work....

• I'll miss the people I worked with, and our handicapped clients, but not the endless government paper-work. Screw work....

• There are two main reasons people stay working when they could retire. three if you count why storch is still on the job.

First.... the only place they have ever gotten any respect (real or feigned) is at work because they are in a position of some power.

Second.... also common. They simply do not want to be around the old lady 24/7 Not having any hobbies plays into that last one.

lazs

• What is funny is that my guys still come by once a week or so during their lunch or after work . I was not in a position to socialize with them much when I was working but find I now go to their parties or shooting or whatever with em.

lazs

• I gots hobbies galore. Hunting, fishing, sex, reading, travel, choir, sex....Oh, wait, I've said sex already. But...geeze...I LIKE sex!

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.